Booking a last minute RCCL cruise

Hello all! I have a quick question and I am hoping some of you more experienced cruisers could help. My wife and I are considering booking a last minute RCCL cruise and we were looking for any advice in doing so. The cruise we are considering is a 3 day cruise on the Sovereign of the Seas and it leaves two weeks from tomorrow. My question is since we are already only two weeks away, should we consider booking it now at the rates published online, or should we wait another week or so? Also, are there any good agent recommendations for last minute RCCL bookings, or does everyone have the same rates? Thanks in advance for your assistance!

I would book it now if you want to go. CC does not allow Ta recommendations. RCCL does not allow discounting, but some large agencies may throw in OBC...On a 3 day cruise the TA makes so little commission that you probably won't find many perks...especially 2 weeks prior to cruising.

lvtotrvl1,

Thanks for the advise. I was unaware that RCCL does not allow discounting. Then how do they always seem to fill their ships at the last minute? Their ships always seem to be full, even though they almost always show availability online. Thanks again!

lvtotrvl1,

Thanks for the advise. I was unaware that RCCL does not allow discounting. Then how do they always seem to fill their ships at the last minute? Their ships always seem to be full, even though they almost always show availability online. Thanks again!

RCI drops their prices. Discounting means that a TA offers lower prices than the RCI advertised prices (unless TA booked blocks at a lower rate before).

lvtotrvl1,

They have a good product for a fair price that is how they fill them.;) Book now and if the price does go down, unless it is a promotion for new bookings only they will refund the difference. Just call RCCL directly, it is the easiest way.

I would book it now if you want to go. CC does not allow Ta recommendations. RCCL does not allow discounting, but some large agencies may throw in OBC...On a 3 day cruise the TA makes so little commission that you probably won't find many perks...especially 2 weeks prior to cruising.

I know many people have many opinions. But I always use a TA instead of calling RCI direct. Even on a 3-4 day cruise, my TA will throw in a comp bottle of wine. If you vacation a lot, the TA will make it up in the long run and on longer cruises, I have gotten sizeable OBC.

It is nice to be able to just call and tell them what you need and know it will be taken care of. CC does not allow TA recomendations, but ask your friends and co-workers for a recommendation if you do not have one. I will be happy to share my experiences if you email me. My link is below.

If you have a date & cabin picked out I would go ahead & book now... chances are this close to sailing the prices are not going to go down anymore... and if I'm not mistaken don't they close bookings a couple days ahead of sailing? I know they have to turn in a manifest ahead of time.. just not sure of the time frame...

Try looking at the Tuesday Special Event Sales on RC web site. Every Tues at around 8:30 AM they list sell off cruises which are typically 1 to 8 weeks out and I have seen and gotten some great deals in the last year. This week one I remember was they had a 7 night Voyager cruises leaving out of Galveston this Sunday for $449 for PR cabin.

On RC web site go to Deals & Gifts>Limited Time Offers>Special Event Sale

You can either book online, call them to book or go through your TA.

Archived