On board credit noted on booking confirmation?

Susan-M

I received confirmation of a new booking yesterday (made directly with Azamara), but there was no mention of the OBC that was verbally confirmed by the Vacation Planner during the booking process.

I will attempt another phone call to them when lines are less busy, but just wanted to check with others here to see if your Booking Confirmation noted an OBC.

Thanks. :)

I received confirmation of a new booking yesterday (made directly with Azamara), but there was no mention of the OBC that was verbally confirmed by the Vacation Planner during the booking process.

I will attempt another phone call to them when lines are less busy, but just wanted to check with others here to see if your Booking Confirmation noted an OBC.

Thanks. :)

Hi Susan !

Yes, it does appear on the form that says "Booked Confirmation Invoice - Guest Copy". However, if this is OB credit is a special promotion, it often takes several days or longer before it appears on this invoice.

I would probably call them to confirm it, and request another written confirmation in a week or so. BTW, which sailing did you book ? :)

Hi Cindi & Andy,

Thanks for the feedback.:)

Andy, I received an "Offer Confirmation Invoice-Guest Copy" ... I guess the "Booked Confirmation" will follow (?) and as suggested I will give it a few days before following up with Azamara.

The cruise is October 11, Quest, Ancient Empires. It replaces the the June one that I had booked.... I did a new booking for October. A long story, but we had the June cruise booked with a TA, and this time I've decided to book directly. Not that there was a problem with the TA....the problem is with us and being able to commit and not wanting to keep inconveniencing the TA.

I raised the question of the OBC promotion with CC UK, they advised that the OBC will be effected on the ship,there would be no documentation to show this, so I'm taking a copy of the e mail response from CC.

Hi Brian Raine !

That may be the case in the UK, but here in the USA, it does show on the booking invoice. I hope your TA is correct about that. At any rate, it is a good idea to take whatever documentation you have with you.

Enjoy your Cruise !

The on board credits appear on the left side of the invoice in small type with some sort of code indicating what it is for. You won't see it in the column with the charges. I always carry my copy with me in case there is a problem on board, but there never has been. It usually takes a few days, but the credits always appear on our account.

Host Andy & Katie Our TA was not involved in the OBC query, she was not aware of such a thing for this cruise, beside I got a ridiculous price from this travel company for a balcony. I raised the question with CC direct and they confoirmed the OBC would be available.

My March 1 sailing has prepaid gratuities and an OBC. The prepaid gratuities show on the invoice. I have an e mail from the TA about the OBC which I plan to take with me to be sure they are on the account. That's my martini money!

We had an onboard credit in the spa for $200, but after buying products in Lieu of treatments they said they had no record of any credit at front desk...I had brought along my invoice which showed it (except it was listed "in code"... wouldn't have noticed it if my TA hadn't pointed it out) After showing my invoice, they contacted home office and got my credit. So Make sure you have your paperwork. Our TA credited Gratuities were brought to our cabin...a reciept we needed to sign & that we had it listed in our onboard account.

It depends what promo code your booked under.

If you booked under the 3 day sale, no the obc does not appear on the confirmation. These bookings are being tracked and the promo applied after the fact.

The initial confirmations under the previous promo.... the first deposit confirmations did not show the obc. Subsequent confirmations which I pulled out of CruisingPower showed the obc.

Host Andy & Katie Our TA was not involved in the OBC query, she was not aware of such a thing for this cruise, beside I got a ridiculous price from this travel company for a balcony. I raised the question with CC direct and they confoirmed the OBC would be available.

Hi Brian Raine !

I am happy to hear it all worked out fine. Enjoy your Cruise !

Yes, in the UK the OBC does not show up on the invoice/confirmations for some reason (or in the ticket booklet!)

OBC offer on Azamara is for all European Sailings booked between Jan 1 and Feb 29 - and are $300 ocean view/$500 balcony/$800 suite

Thanks everyone for your replies.:)

I received an email response today from Celebrity advising that, "The Onboard Credit will be applied manually within three weeks of making your reservation. Once it has been applied, it will reflect on your reservation. "

The subject line specified: "RE: Reservations (guests living in the U.S. and Canada)"

I'm confused. Azamara has a credit for booking between now and Feb 29 of 500.00 for balcony. It also has credit if booking between Jan 22 and Jan 24 of 500.00. The way I understand this, I would get both credits.

They say no. I can have only one credit. Have any of you encountered this?

Hi Mary,

I agree that the info on their website (in the Europe Sale link) is confusing, but my understanding was that prices were reduced on European itineraries for those three days...Jan 22-24; in addition you would still receive the stateroom credit. And the third bonus was reduced air until Jan. 24th. But not two stateroom credits.

The prices did drop on Jan. 22nd, but haven't gone up yet, so it appears that the sale prices are still in effect. The only thing that's missing now is the reduced air.

Thanks Susan. I was just getting confused and Azamara customer service agent (Jennifer) seemed bored with my questions and it was difficult to get an answer from her. Thanks for answering me.

Also, where did you get your countdown clock? I would like to copy it. Thanks again.

Thanks Susan. I was just getting confused and Azamara customer service agent (Jennifer) seemed bored with my questions and it was difficult to get an answer from her. Thanks for answering me.

Also, where did you get your countdown clock? I would like to copy it. Thanks again.

Hi Mary,

You're welcome. I was a little baffled by the attitude of one of the reps who I spoke to when I called with a question last week .... it left me with the impression that it was a job that she had little interest in, which is too bad for both her and Azamara's clients.

Here's a link to instructions on setting up the clock (in post #2). I disregarded the first paragraph about interface and just followed the rest of the instructions. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=9965101#post9965101

Tried that thread but cant find the one you have that doesn't have the image of something...ship, water, churches bells etc.

We have decided to go a few days earlier to Rome and are now looking for hotels, transfers etc.

Thanks again for your replies. Stay warm.

Hi Mary,

The instructions for the clock that I have in my signature are in post #2 of the link that I provided. (The link takes you to post #5, but scroll up 3 posts and you'll see it.)

I have to start my search for hotels in Rome and Athens too, but I think we'll attempt the train from Rome to Civitavecchia for the start of our cruise. We've done it on a port day and should be able to manage it with luggage.

Archived