Smoking Policy on Ventura

Taffygirl

Hi,

can anybody tell me if and where smoking is allowed on the Ventura.

Thanks

TG

TG,

I think you will have to wait until Ventura has received her first group of passengers before it is fully known where smoking will, or will not, be allowed. As this is not too long away hopefully you will get some replies that actually answer your query.

Feebee_71 :)

Thank you Angie & Feebee for your reply's.

I am taking my mum & dad on a short cruise on Ventura (to see if i can get them to come on a longer cruise with hubby and myself in the summer).

My dad is 77yrs old and likes a cigarette(not many,or mum gets mad)and i would not like him to have to stand outside on a windy deck!!

I have given up the dreaded weed since 2nd january and i know how difficult it is to go without.

Hopefully we will find out for ourselves in the near future.

Thanks again.

Taffygirl

It is likely that smkoing will only be allowed in one or two public rooms and in cabins. This is the exact wording of the smoking policy taken from the website:

"For the safety, comfort and enjoyment of all our passengers, and in view of the UK legislation in favour of a ban on smoking in public spaces from 1 July 2007, we have reviewed and amended our policy on smoking and have adopted the following policy on board our ships.

Smoking will be permitted in cabins (including cabin balconies), on certain areas of the open decks and in designated smoking areas of one or two public rooms. Smoking will not be permitted in any other areas."

I do wish they would ban smoking in cabins on all P&O ships. I just hope the cabin we get didn't have a smoker in it before us :-(

I agree smoking should be banned in cabins, there is nothing worse than arriving in your cabin to find it smells of stale smoke. The problem with allowing smoking on balconies is that if you are trying to enjoy the pleasure of the expensive downwind balcony you also get it. I wonder if Ventura's balconies are solid sided to help with this problem?

I think the UK smoking policy should be applied. I appreciate that it is difficult to give up but the health evidence for non smokers is clear. Sometimes they allow smoking in one half of a lounge, which is pointless as the smoke drifts across to all areas. One ship we cruised on only allowed smoking on one side of the promenade which seemed to work well.

I know this is an emotive issue but it also should not be forgotten that a carelessly discarded cigarette can create a fire risk.

But we too have received a letter from PandO regarding the no-smoking policy in cabins for our forthcoming cruise on 30 August on board Oceana.

Perhaps though - this might be a trial for non-smoking in cabins across the fleet. The letter did say that smoking would be allowed on balconies and in some designated public areas which is the norm for now.

Glenda

I have received the following message from P&O Carnival UK. I have edited it to focus on Ventura but I can say that Ocean is the only ship where smoking is now banned in cabins.

""As I am sure you will appreciate, all our policies are under constant review and are subject to change. . . . We expect the policy for all cruises departing after 1 July 2007 to be as follows:

Smoking will be permitted in cabins (including cabin balconies), on certain areas of the open decks and in designated smoking areas which will be The Exchange on Ventura,

Our policy is and will remain fully compliant with applicable law and is designed to reflect the public attitude towards smoking, protecting those who do not wish to smoke whilst still recognising the needs of our smoking passengers. Please note that all of our policies are under constant review and are subject to change."

I have the full list.

Archived