Wine Card

Camille43081

My mother would like to purchase a wine card, and we are trying to decide on the 10 or 20 card choice. I will drink a glass here and there, but won't use a whole card myself. If we purchase the 20 glass card, can it be shared? I know that sharing was always against the rule with the old unlimited soda cards, but since these are for a limited number of drinks, I was thinking that it might be allowed with these cards.

Also, are they available for purchase on the ship, or should we buy now?

Thanks!

Yes, it can be shared. We often got 3 or 4 glasses at a time for our group of 4. You can purchase on the ship at any bar or in the dining room, or in the terminal waiting room. I suggest you buy it where you will probably use it most often. For most people, that is the dining room. Also, by buying it at the first evening's dinner, you will be far enough off shore that you will not have to pay the FL 6% sales tax.

Are the wine cards offered on all HAL ships? Do you know what they charge for them? As we will be on a long cruise it might be a good idea.

Yes, I believe they're on all ships. Check the HAL website to see the ordering gifts section. I ordered myself a 10-pour wine card (cruising solo) and I think it was $41 and some change. The 20-pour card was less than double the price of the 10-pour - maybe $77-78?

I ordered mine to be delivered to my table at dinner the first night. It's my understanding I won't pay tax on the card because of that (would pay if I bought it in the terminal or as soon as I got on board). If tax is included though, no biggie - it's still a great value.

Sue/WDW1972

Veendam 3/09/08

I am not sure if HAL discounts cards on all cruises. On the first day of the 2007 GWC they were selling the 20 pour wine card at $10 off the regular price. We bought a card at the pool during the sail away party. (I should have bought several.) After that they charged full price. We and our table mates would kid the wine steward about getting the discount but never got it although he gave us several pours and did not punch our card.

Archived