Imagination Thread Only!

mikil321

This is in response to questions that were asked. The largest size table that I saw in the dining room seated 12. They have round and rectangular. Maybe you could seat your group at two rectangles back to back. As for liquour, no you can't buy it on board and have it your room. They deliver it the last day. Must cut into their profits!! I checked the bon voyage gifts dept. of Carnival.com and they only allow wine to be ordered ahead of time. No fish and chips but the deli should be there now or very soon. Hope this helps.

This is in response to questions that were asked. The largest size table that I saw in the dining room seated 12. They have round and rectangular. Maybe you could seat your group at two rectangles back to back. As for liquour, no you can't buy it on board and have it your room. They deliver it the last day. Must cut into their profits!! I checked the bon voyage gifts dept. of Carnival.com and they only allow wine to be ordered ahead of time. No fish and chips but the deli should be there now or very soon. Hope this helps.

You can order Liquour from bon voyage dept. BUT YOU HAVE TO CALL, i always get a big bottle of absolute vodka $40.

You can only order hard booze by phone with the bon voyage department.

WOW people what a great response from all of you. Cant wait to see all of your photos.Love to see what the new staterooms look like and all of the ships new improvements.

GoofyCruiser! I see you are one of only a handful that can give us a hands on here seeing you have been onthis ship.I have a couple of questions for you. 1)Is it possible to purchase a bottle of liqour (not wine) on board and bring it to your stateroom or can you pre order it to be in your stateroom??

2)Did you by any chance notice the maximum sized tables and what they can accomidate in the dining room seeing I have 23 people coming in my party.

Thanks so much in advance.

Beccadoby! Lets see whom can post photos first of this newly refurbished ship for all of us to see?

Thanks to everyone here for keeping this thread alive. lets see those photos folks .First one to post great Photos here takes the first place title and Ill buy them an "IMAGINATION MARGARITA" He he heThanks much Mikil

My group has around 20 people in it too. When I talked to my PVP about how they would sit us at dinner, she said that they would put us at tables near each other. Maybe two 12-person tables close or something like that. So everyone should be in the same vicinity.

We sail March 29th with our DD and her family. It is their first cruise and it's been too long since our last one. This is also our first CC vacation. We're all looking forward to seeing the new and improved Imagination. Thanks for the info. Keep it coming!!:D

We sail March 29th with our DD and her family. It is their first cruise and it's been too long since our last one. This is also our first CC vacation. We're all looking forward to seeing the new and improved Imagination. Thanks for the info. Keep it coming!!:D

Did you dis like this port. Why are you tired I have never been there.

I can't speak for Josh....but for me, I love Cozumel. I think this will be the 6th or 7th time I been to Coz on a cruise. I have done a couple of excursions, but now we just go to our favorite drinks, enjoy the margaritas and hang out, followed up by our Coz tradition of Carlos N Charlies. For some reason, I just don't get tired of Cozumel. There is alot to do there. Shopping, snorkeling, you can do the dolphin excursion, it's a short distance from the ruins. So if you haven't been there before, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

For me, the port I don't enjoy so much is Nassau. I did the Atlantis thing, which is cool if you've never been. I'm not much of a vacation shopper (can't afford the really cool stuff and I need another T-shirt or shot glass like I need a hole in the head) and I'm not into snorkeling. Last time I just stayed on the ship.

I think everyone has their fave and not-so-fave ports.

Misty

:) We head out on on Feb11 so will give update when we return. We are really excited about the refurb and the ports of call

Hey S&J

we will also be on that one, 1st of a B2B, both on the Imagination. In the roll call side, a couple of people mentioned about meeting on the Lido deck after muster drill, I believe that there is a bar back there?

For those who want to read a good lengthy review, check out a post from someone (sorry, I forgot that persons name, darn memory) that was on 1/24-1/28, lots of good info there.

Will be posting my own impression of the ship after our return, late Feb.

We'll be sailing in just about 3 weeks. First time ever on a CCL, VERY excited. Have never been to Key West OR Coz. Doing KW on our own, but doing the Playa Mia excursion in Coz. I've loved reading all your comments!! Will post when we get back!!

My DW and I will be joining you on March 29th for your second time on the imagination. Starting to get excited.

Hey People! GREAT to see so many going or coming back off The Imagination.Some great information here.

Floridafunlady! Thanks for your great post and posting a detailed review for us.

Goofycruiser! Thanks for your valuable input also.Much appreciated

Roakay! Thank you also for your input here.

I did find out that you CAN buy hard booze BEFORE you get onto the ship but must call first before embarkation.Dont do it then its to late???? There list is for wines and champagnes but they do have hard stuff over the phone.

For those whom havent gone Cozumel.Its a fun place if you ve never been.Downtown area is just off cruiseship port and a 5 minute taxi ride.Roght off the cruise ship terminal is LOTS of duty free places. I kinda like how they have it set up. You have to walk threw it to get to anywhere in Cozumel but they have a crap load of booze. I would however recommend a beach the locals call Playa Del Sol! It has beautiful water and a couple of little bars on the beach. Also has a trampoline (for a price of course)in the water that kids would have a blast on. I did with my young daughter! Ha Ha ha!The fajitas are to die for also there but that was last year and this is this year. Mexico changes very quickly with ownership everywhere so be careful to where you decide to eat and drink there. Cozumel is usually ok though.Never had any problems nor did anyone in my family.

Lets keep this thread going on the imagination folks!

Lets see whom can post us some of their own photos first and it would be nice if someone could scan a copy of their daily activities list. I think they call it Capers.

Thanks again Mikil

Honeymooners10! I did a bit of research and the only rooms that I can see that have fridges on Imagination are Suites with Balconies and Penthouse Suites. I am staying in a suite with balcony (Verendah deck)seeing I have NEVER cruised before with a balcony and thought it was time to splurge!!!!!Cheers and have fun

OK! I found the BonVoyage phone # 1 800 227 6482 They are only open from 9:30 to 5:30 Eastern time. Im gonna attempt to order a bottle of hard stuff tommorrow when they open Wish me luck He he he Il post my results here and prices also Mikil

hi s@Jcruisers we also sail feb 11 th to half moon cay,turks, nassau our first cruise is the one your on? I,m excited.

Hi bunny1016,

also doing the feb. 11 cruise, so hope to see you folks o board.

Enjoy!

Jim :cool:

We leave on Feb 16th for our first cruise and we are so excited! I ordered a bottle of Rum from Bon Voyage to be in our room when we arrive.

Hi charming01,

also going on the feb 16 cruise, hope to see you folks on board.

Enjoy!

Jim :cool:

Archived