Imagination Thread Only!

mikil321

Hey folks! Thought Id start an Imagination thread only. Myself and family(19 of us in total) are gonna be cruising on her in August 25th/2008 Eastern Carribean and if anyone has just recently gotten off the Imagination since her dry dock spruce up it would be great to post any information here for all of us to hear.What are the staterooms like?Hows that new waterslide?Hows the food? Hows the ports of call?Hows the drink prices? etc..........If anyone else would like to post anything good or bad about the Imagination please do so here for all of us .Lets keep this an "Imagination" thread ONLY! Thanks so much Mike and Family

We sailed on the Fantasy a couple years ago and are very excited about the refurb to the Imagination. Please share your experiences with us. We sail May 24 and can't wait to get on board! I have heard several comments about improved menus. Is this true? The food was good on the Fantasy; but could have been better. I am hopeful the improved menu is the real deal.

My Mom, Aunt are I are planning a B2B on the Imagination in 2009. :D She was the 1st ship my Mom and I ever sailed on (it was in 2003) and I can't wait to see her again!! I'll probably be joining you people on here a lot!! :D The 2 itineraries we want to do are the:

4 Day Western Caribbean

Miami

Key West

Cozumel or Calica

At Sea

Miami

and the:

5 Day Western Caribbean

Miami

At Sea

Grand Cayman

Ocho Rios

At Sea

Miami

We head out with Karen !! We fly out tomorrow and step on board on Monday!

I will let Karen handle the pictures. I don't do well at Point and Click...I always cut someone's head off!

But I will give a full report of the karaoke selection and the new digital system!! :D

LHP.. we'll do well!! You can highlight all the things I don't go to (usually don't go to shows/can't sing-- DEFINITELY do not do karaoke), but I LOVE to get photos! We'll fill this thread up with useful information!

I am FINALLY packed!!! Thank goodness... whew... I waited really late this time.

See you all when we return (which will be all too soon!)

Karen

Just off the Imagination last week! Adults only serenity area at back of ship is just awesome. It has nice cushioned lounge chairs, little tables and umbrellas and two hot tubs. Food was great, breakfast and lunch on Lido deck and dinner in Pride dining room. Plenty of choices at all times. It will be even better when they open the deli. When I was on they said that it would be open in a few weeks. Everything is new and updated. I was on it in 1998 and what a difference!! It was the best cruise ever!! The ports were fabulous-Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau. It was my 13th cruise, all with Carnival and Half Moon Cay was the best port ever. . The sand was like sugar and the water was crystal clear. Lots of lounge chairs and a buffet lunch in the picnic pavilion. You had to tender over from the ship but it was no big deal. It was huge and even with so many people from the ship there it didn't feel crowded. Any questions about Imagination please ask.

Our group (17 and counting) is booked to sail the Imagination on 9/29 to Key West and Cozumel. I think this will be the 4th time I've done this itinerary, but we got such a great deal I couldn't pass it up. Our group is pretty mixed....singles, couples, ages 25-50, vetern cruisers to first timers, work friends, friend friends and people who have never met. So it should be an interesting group.

Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts on the refurb and see any pics.

Misty

Our group (17 and counting) is booked to sail the Imagination on 9/29 to Key West and Cozumel. I think this will be the 4th time I've done this itinerary, but we got such a great deal I couldn't pass it up. Our group is pretty mixed....singles, couples, ages 25-50, vetern cruisers to first timers, work friends, friend friends and people who have never met. So it should be an interesting group.

Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts on the refurb and see any pics.

Misty

Same here. I'm beginning to get sick of cozumel. I didn't even disembark last time.

Same here. I'm beginning to get sick of cozumel. I didn't even disembark last time.

Even though I've been there a bunch, I still always have a good time in Cozumel. We usually just take a cab over to Playa Mia (formerly Playa del Sol) and pay to enjoy the all-incusiveness of it. Then usually head over to Carlos N Charlies for a some fun before heading back to the ship. I don't think that anyone else in our group has been to Cozumel before. So it's always fun to go with a group who are experiencing it for the first time.

I've only been to Nassau twice and I didn't get off the ship the second time. It just didn't hold that much interest for me. Stayed on the ship and enjoyed the port day massage special.

We are cruising on the March 20th sailing to celebrate our Honeymoon! I can't wait to see some pictures!

were on the same sailing 3/20/08 were going with our freinds who got married on this ship 2 yrs ago seeye have a great cruise. go over to the roll call thead for sailing 3/20/08 seeya:cool:

Hi all-

Mikil321 I will be getting off as you are getting on! I had wanted to go on your sailing but we had other plans that came up. I have a group going (some newbies and some vet cruisers - so should be fun)

Anyone who just came back, the adult only area seems so small, is it always crowed? I have sailed when it was the "kiddie pool" area - thats really not much space.

Also, this came up in another thread, can you use the magnets on the doors on the Imagination? We have always done this on all our cruises. Hope to make some for my group.

Cant wait to see pics and hear the reviews of you guys that are sailing soon! I have saw tons of pics of the new areas. Would love to see pics of the staterooms.

WOW people what a great response from all of you. Cant wait to see all of your photos.Love to see what the new staterooms look like and all of the ships new improvements.

GoofyCruiser! I see you are one of only a handful that can give us a hands on here seeing you have been onthis ship.I have a couple of questions for you. 1)Is it possible to purchase a bottle of liqour (not wine) on board and bring it to your stateroom or can you pre order it to be in your stateroom??

2)Did you by any chance notice the maximum sized tables and what they can accomidate in the dining room seeing I have 23 people coming in my party.

Thanks so much in advance.

Beccadoby! Lets see whom can post photos first of this newly refurbished ship for all of us to see?

Thanks to everyone here for keeping this thread alive. lets see those photos folks .First one to post great Photos here takes the first place title and Ill buy them an "IMAGINATION MARGARITA" He he heThanks much Mikil

We leave on Feb 16th for our first cruise and we are so excited! I ordered a bottle of Rum from Bon Voyage to be in our room when we arrive.

From what I have read the deli was always there but is just waiting for some new equipment and having said that I don't think a fish and chips section is in the works for this ship. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.:D :p

hi, sailed on imagination 1/14 5 day eastern carrib. there is no fish and chip unless it is on the chefs internatoional menu for a specific day, they do have a fantastic stir fry which i didnt try until the last day....it was great...lots of choice and sooo fresh. you cant buy liquor and have it brought to your room once underway. you need to order it from bon voyage dept (by phone) prior to cruise. I have posted a detailed review last week. http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=37186.

Archived