Imagination Thread Only!

mikil321

Is there anyone going on the Imagination March 10th/08?It appears we will be the only ones on the ship.

You will not eb alone. Many spring breakers will be there with you:)

Honeymooners10! I did a bit of research and the only rooms that I can see that have fridges on Imagination are Suites with Balconies and Penthouse Suites. I am staying in a suite with balcony (Verendah deck)seeing I have NEVER cruised before with a balcony and thought it was time to splurge!!!!!Cheers and have fun

You are correct. The cat 12 and cat 11 suites are the only cabins with a fridge.

Hi charming01,

also going on the feb 16 cruise, hope to see you folks on board.

Enjoy!

Jim :cool:

Finally another person! I started a Roll Call months ago and no one replied. I figured I was going to get one hell of an upgrade with only me on the ship.:D :p

I will post a review and pictures when I get back for sure!

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=4232

Photos taken 2 days ago WOW!

These are NEW photos just posted of the Imagination. Some show stateroom,new hallway etc...

Thank you so much for posting the new pictures! I am going to show these to the hubby tonight. I can't believe our holiday starts 2 weeks today!:D

Yes there are tables for two in the dining room. You can request one when you board just after 1 pm. We had no trouble getting one. Just go to your dining room and they will be able to help you. We have cruised 13 times and now we prefer a table for two. We have had many interesting table mates over the years, some fabulous, some downright weird!!

Ok! For those of you wondering about alcohol I just booked a few bottles for my stateroom for August from the Bon Voyage Department (1 800 227 6482 They are only open from 9:30 to 5:30 Eastern time!) Yes August! I really only called to ask for prices but was told that I could book that far in advance so I figured what the heck lets get it done now right???

. First off Id like to stress I am a social drinker and by no means have a alcohol dependancy THANK GOD but intend to tie one on while on vacation seeing Im NOT drinking and Driving right???

I enjoy to have a stocked bar in my cabin when friends come to call before dinner or shows etc.... its nice to pour a cocktail here and there and if anything is left by the end of the cruise Im sure the room steward wouldnt mind left overs.Nothing like making the cabin steward happy for the next cruise right He he he.....I am travelling with 23 people and we tend to cabin hop before going out on the ship!!! Heres the run down on the costs for those whom are interested (Prices as of January 31/2008)

I ordered 4 bottles in total to my stateroom 2 Vodka,($40 for 1 litre)1 Rum ($40 for 1 litre)and 1 J&B Scotch ($38 for 1 litre) $158 total charged to my creditcard.This may sound like alot of money for some BUT I am Canadian and we pay about $30 plus dollars for one litre of the stuff up here. Four bottles at $158 bucks aint a bad deal in Canada.Alcohol is one of the many items that is taxed heavily in Canada to generate income (taxes)to pay for our great healthcare up here.

Anyway, we are used to paying about this price for liqour BUT unfortunately you Americans are seeing this a probably a BIG rip off seeing you can pop in any corner store and buy this stuff for a fraction of the price.I also look at the fact that Carnival charges about $4.75 for a mixed drink at their bars. Who knows how much liquor is really poured also???At least Im in control of the pouring right???

Anyway! Just thought Id inform all that are considering the bottle in the room thing. Later Mikil

Actually their prices are only about $10 more then I would normally pay here so for $10, not having to drive to the store to buy it, risk sneaking it on-board and having it spill in my luggage not to mention the embarassment if you did get caught. And the idea that it will be sitting in my suite waiting for me is well worth $10. I feel that is a value-added procurement experience.

As for Cozumel, check out Paradise Beach Club. You can take a cab there for $14 and enjoy the beach and a lounger for free as long as you buy some food or drinks. If you don't want to eat/drink, you can buy admission for $10. Cabs for return to ship are plentiful. Lots of activities on site, the staff is very accommodating.

URL for those interested: http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

My husband loves to dive but can't find any information on the dive in Nassau. He called carnival and they said they use Dive America but he can't find a company with that name that exists. Has anyone dove in Nassau? How deep was the dive. Would you recomend Nassau or Grand Turk. Also, which islands do you dock at and which ones do you have to tender? In Grand Turk what is around the cruise ship area? Are there any beaches within walking distance for me and my two little ones while my husband is diving?

My husband loves to dive but can't find any information on the dive in Nassau. He called carnival and they said they use Dive America but he can't find a company with that name that exists. Has anyone dove in Nassau? How deep was the dive. Would you recomend Nassau or Grand Turk. Also, which islands do you dock at and which ones do you have to tender? In Grand Turk what is around the cruise ship area? Are there any beaches within walking distance for me and my two little ones while my husband is diving?

Do it at Grand Turk! They are known for great diving and snorkling.

As far as the beach, the ship is "parked" on the beach. Yes, you walk off the ship and you are standing at the beach. In this slide show, you can see pics of my kids playing on the beach with the ship right behind them.

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m10/beccatony/?action=view&current=ddd54193.pbw

Hey People! GREAT to see so many going or coming back off The Imagination.Some great information here.

Floridafunlady! Thanks for your great post and posting a detailed review for us.

Goofycruiser! Thanks for your valuable input also.Much appreciated

Roakay! Thank you also for your input here.

I did find out that you CAN buy hard booze BEFORE you get onto the ship but must call first before embarkation.Dont do it then its to late???? There list is for wines and champagnes but they do have hard stuff over the phone.

For those whom havent gone Cozumel.Its a fun place if you ve never been.Downtown area is just off cruiseship port and a 5 minute taxi ride.Roght off the cruise ship terminal is LOTS of duty free places. I kinda like how they have it set up. You have to walk threw it to get to anywhere in Cozumel but they have a crap load of booze. I would however recommend a beach the locals call Playa Del Sol! It has beautiful water and a couple of little bars on the beach. Also has a trampoline (for a price of course)in the water that kids would have a blast on. I did with my young daughter! Ha Ha ha!The fajitas are to die for also there but that was last year and this is this year. Mexico changes very quickly with ownership everywhere so be careful to where you decide to eat and drink there. Cozumel is usually ok though.Never had any problems nor did anyone in my family.

Lets keep this thread going on the imagination folks!

Lets see whom can post us some of their own photos first and it would be nice if someone could scan a copy of their daily activities list. I think they call it Capers.

Thanks again Mikil

Just an FYI....Playa del Sol now goes by Playa Mia. We always went to Playa del Sol too and when we were there last April, we didn't see it on the taxi stand sign. So based on the amenities, we picked Playa Mia. Imagine our surprise when we pulled up in the taxi to Playa Mia and realized it was actually Playa del Sol. Which worked out great for us since we love it so much.

Finally another person! I started a Roll Call months ago and no one replied. I figured I was going to get one hell of an upgrade with only me on the ship.:D :p

I will post a review and pictures when I get back for sure!

Hi charming01,

I did answer you in the roll call thread, but do agree, no one else besides you, nmuhockey12 and myself have come forward. BUt I'm sre that we won't be the only ones on :D

Hoping to have some photos to post as well.

See you onboard!

Heading out on the Imagination on March 24 with 3 friends.

Being from Boston, we were going to take a trip to Miami and get some sun and celebrate my 26th Bday and then I convinced them to do a cruise instead.

Not sure what to expect since my only cruise was in '05 on RC: Adventurer of the Seas which I believe is quite a lot bigger than the Imagination.

Although we're 4-5years removed from College, I imagine the Spring Break crowd will be a nice refresher to what things were like not too long ago.

I think this question has somewhat been answered in a roundabout way.....But can you "try" to bring booze on the ship and hope they don't take it?

I'm sure you can't get a bottle of Patron Silver delievered to your room for a reasonable price.

I'm 29. I usually enjoy the spring break crowd a little. The high school kids can get annoying but it's nice to have people closer to your own age on there.

You can sneak liquor on. I bought a huge plastic bottle of Schmirnoff Vodka and put it in my suitcase a few years ago. It got through no problem. People do this on a regular basis. It's frowned upon by some people on these boards.

Hi charming01,

I did answer you in the roll call thread, but do agree, no one else besides you, nmuhockey12 and myself have come forward. BUt I'm sre that we won't be the only ones on :D

Hoping to have some photos to post as well.

See you onboard!

I'm sorry, I guess I just stopped looking after a couple of weeks.:o This will be our first cruise and these next two weeks are going to go really slow.

See you onboard!

Heading out on the Imagination on March 24 with 3 friends.

Being from Boston, we were going to take a trip to Miami and get some sun and celebrate my 26th Bday and then I convinced them to do a cruise instead.

Not sure what to expect since my only cruise was in '05 on RC: Adventurer of the Seas which I believe is quite a lot bigger than the Imagination.

Although we're 4-5years removed from College, I imagine the Spring Break crowd will be a nice refresher to what things were like not too long ago.

I think this question has somewhat been answered in a roundabout way.....But can you "try" to bring booze on the ship and hope they don't take it?

I'm sure you can't get a bottle of Patron Silver delievered to your room for a reasonable price.

If you put the alcohol in your checked bag that you leave with the porter on the pier, it will usually make it to your room with no problems. I usually bring a couple bottles with me. I am not a fan of the Vodka's they have on the ship. I prefer Stoli's, so I bring some with. But I still purchase plenty of drinks while on board as well. Just one tip....buy the alcohol once you get to Miami if you can. You would HAVE to put it in your checked bag when you fly and I wouldn't risk it not getting broke. A couple guys I know put a bottle of Crown and Rum in their checked luggage after their cruise and when they picked it up from baggage claim when they got home, both bottle had broke. Everything in their bags were drenched in liquor. At least they were going home. I'd hate for this to happen on my way to my cruise.

Enjoy.

Misty

Archived