WW Online - need accountability!

AndyB

I know what you mean. I've been dancing around this weight for a while, and getting pretty frustrated that I can't stay on track. Weighed in this morning and was down 0.2 pounds. But I will start again this week. My husband is travelling, and that will make it easier to keep to light meals.

I've made up my meal plans and given myself about 5 points leeway each day for unexpected snacks or bad portion control. For exercise I am committed to doing the 8 Minutes a Day strength training each morning. If I do more (some cardio) that's great, but I am committing to that, and to keeping to the meal plans.

I'm sure if you keep focused you can drop a few more pounds before your trip to the States. What city will you visit?

Good for you for making a plan for this week! I'm sure you were very successful, having decided what you were going to eat and when you were going to exercise.

I lost 1.5 this week. I'm just 1.5 away from having lost 20 pounds. I'm excited about that, but I'm also mad at myself for wasting a whole month. I should be farther along by now. Oh well, at least I'm moving forward. And I still have 2 months before my cruise. But I leave on Friday for 12 days in the States. I'm going to visit some friends near DC. My challenge will be to not get sucked into my friends' bad eating habits (cheese and bacon on everything and fries as a vegetable) and also not to clean my plate of the monstrous servings of food that every restaurant there gives. I am planning to stop by a WW center and pick up several food diaries. Someone was going to send me one, but that never happened. I find I do so much better when I write down every little thing that goes into my mouth.

Here's to our success!!!

Congratulations on the loss! 20 pounds is a huge accomplishment. You definitely have a challenge with the trip to the States, but I know if you focus you can stick to the plan. Restaurants do serve huge portions, but those in the US are used to serving people trying to lose weight, so they are ready to accommodate with to-go boxes, switching fries for veggies, dressing on the side, etc. Some (Applebees, for example) even have Weight Watchers menus with the points values posted on the menus.

Are your friends in Virginia, by any chance? That's my home state, and it's beautiful. Hope you have a great time.

I had a great week getting re-started. I did the 8 Minutes a Day strength training every day, walked to the grocery store yesterday and went swimming Saturday. Stayed within my points range every day (except possibly Saturday, when I indulged in 1 beer and a couple of Satay skewers). And I was down 3.6 pounds!! Woo hoo! :D

I'm very motivated to stay on track - I know we'll both have a great week!

WOW!!!! 3.6 pounds is FABULOUS!!! Congratulations!!!! When I read your plan for the week, I just KNEW you'd do well. A loss like that is a good catalyst to help you stay on track for this week. You go, girl!!!

No, the friend I'm staying with is in MD, near Annapolis. And the other friends I'm hoping to catch up with just got back from a year in Saudi Arabia. I'm not sure what to pack. You know how wacky spring weather is there. It could be in the 40s or in the 70s...in the same day! However, I'm sure I'll be doing lots of shopping. ;-)

What part of VA are you from? I'm guessing not from Northern VA, since you mentioned the state's beauty. I used to live near the Shenadoah Valley. Now that was beautiful!

I agree, Northern Virginia doesn't count as Virginia - it's DC. :) No, I'm from the Piedmont area, near Richmond. Amelia County. And I went to college at UVA, so spent some time in Charlottesville (many years ago). We're going back to Amelia as part of our trip home - just before the cruise. Can't wait.

Hopefully you'll get decent weather in Annapolis. Cherry blossoms are in bloom, so you should miss the 40-degree weather. But like you said, who knows. Enjoy your trip!!

That's definitely do-able! And it will be a good motivator - of course you'll want to indulge, you're on vacation; but having just lost 2 more will probably get you thinking about your choices more. Nothing motivates like success - good luck!

Down only 0.2 pounds this week. I did so well up until Thursday, when I had an unexpected business trip to Seoul. I can't resist Korean food, so I indulged in some rice (bibimbop - yum!) and way too much meat.

Also found out that my company is bringing me back home this summer. So I knew that was probably my last trip ever to Korea, so yeah, I ate good!

Back on the plan this week - having trouble getting the water in. Will have to work on that.

I'm baaaaack!!! Gained 3 pounds, but I hope to get it off soon. I bought some things for the cruise in a smaller size. They just fit, but would look better in about 10 or 15 pounds, so I have a definite goal to work toward and a limited time to get there.

Wow....how do you feel about moving back? Is this out of the blue? Is it going to affect your cruise plans? Congrats on your losses. Even .2 is a loss, and especially if you were traveling. Good for you!!!

Well, I'm delighted to report that I'm down 5.5 pounds from my Thursday back-from-vacation weigh-in. I guess I did better than I thought and/or was retaining water after my flight!! I'm only a half pound away from the 20-pound mark. My goal is to hit 30 before the cruise. Wouldn't that be great?!?

I had some indulgences, but also had days where I selected salads or left half the food on my plate. So I think it balanced out. After living in a country where few women are larger than a size 6, it's always a shock to go back to the States and see the number of obese people. And OMG...going to the grocery store was a trip! So many convenience foods and snack foods and everything in monster-sized portions! And everywhere you go there is food, food, and more food. Part of me wanted to taste everything and part of me was repulsed by the sheer quantity of food. :p

Here's to a healthy, back-on-track week!

Well, I broke even this week. No change, which I'm thankful for since I was not very good last week. This is a pretty stressful time and I'm a stress eater! Trying to make good choices where I can, but the meal plans were out the window last week and into this one. Add to that the fact that now I'm leaving everyone wants to take me to lunch - dim sum today, Korean on Thursday - I'm trying to be extra good on those days I'm not eating out.

Bogota, congratulations on your loss!! You really must have focused - it's so hard to do when travelling. I'm in the same boat as you, living in a country where there are few overweight people. I'm really looking forward to getting back to U.S. supermarkets, though, not for the junk but for the variety of fresh foods - we have very limited selection of fruits and veggies here, and what there is is very expensive because everything is imported.

Have a great week, you don't have far to go!!

hmmmm....neither one of us checked in this week. I'll confess; I gained a pound. Actually, considering the amount of cheese and chocolate I consumed, that's not bad. Unfortunately, this week is not off to a great start. I'm not keeping a food diary, I'm not planning my meals, and I'm not exercising. Why am I sabotaging myself???

I'm just jumping in here. I've been on WW since July 30th of 2007 and have lost almost 80 pounds. It was 76.6 before the joy of being female sunk in and I got a bladder infection and gained 10 pounds. Bleck! I am hoping to lose around 120 pounds before I cruise in April of 2009. I have a bunch to lose...obviously. :) Actually...my goal is to be in a size large by the cruise. I'm wearing between a 3x and 2 x right now, depending on the brand. Anyway...hi! :D

WOW!! Congratulations!!! That is wonderful! You are well on your way to your goal. You'll definitely be there by the time you cruise.

So what tips can you share? As you can see, I was doing really well for a while, and then lost momentum. I really need to get back on track. My cruise is in a month. I'd like to get serious and lose another 10 pounds by then. (Not that that will put me anywhere near my goal weight, but that's my realistic mini-goal.)

Welcome, Angel - wow, your loss so far is really impressive. I have been struggling to get back on track these past few months - I've got so many changes going on right now. Have you been going to WW meetings or doing it yourself online? When we move back to the States this summer I am going to start going to meetings again. That really helps me.

Bogota, I was really bad this week and chickened out on the weigh-in. The job change and the moving plans are really socking it to me. Hopefully when my husband gets back this week from his house-hunting trip (he found one!) I can get back into a better routine.

Here's to a better next week!!

Okay, I lost last week's pound. Probably because I was sick and not eating much. I AM going to get serious this week!

How great that your hubby found a house, AndyB! It's a buyer's market, I guess, so hope that worked to your advantage. Are you moving back to VA? Or somewhere else? Have a great week!

We're moving back to Charlotte, NC, where I lived for 10 years before coming to Hong Kong. Virginia is home, but NC is where the work is! Hubby works in racing and I'm in banking, so Charlotte is the place.

I chickened out of weighing in again. I'm just a mess right now. But hubby just got back home so maybe I can get back on track. Hope you have a great week!

Archived