What happened to the shore excursions for the Baltics?

pattyj 1204

We were just on the Celebrity web site and have time this weekend to check out what is being offered. Much to our disappointment none of the ports were available for shore excursions. Any idea when they will be back? Hard for us to find time to check everything out and I do like the planning with my husband.

Hi Patty,

Did you try to "Download a Brochure" (PDF format) for shore excursions...available on the shore excursion page of Celebrity's website, in the box in the upper right hand corner.

Sorry...forget that idea as it looks like only Copenhagen excursions are showing so far.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/shoreExcursions/home.do;jsessionid=0000x5mvgiHd4dIdT45zytq2Efv:12hdebdrn?

I've been told in the past that January is when they reveiw the excursions and vendors. They go over what sold well the previous year, which vendors were hard to work with, unreliable, what new excursions may have appeal etc. They also sign the contracts for the upcoming excursions and work out the schedules. I got a chatty reservationist when I was asking questions about a Med cruise in July 08. Just wait a few weeks and check again. I know it's a pain in the neck!

We were just on the Celebrity web site and have time this weekend to check out what is being offered. Much to our disappointment none of the ports were available for shore excursions. Any idea when they will be back? Hard for us to find time to check everything out and I do like the planning with my husband.

For the last several days, I've been getting a 14 page brochure with just the excursions for Copenhagen...

BUT...If you want a general idea, don't plug in a specific cruise...Go to "Plan a Cruise" on the X website...scroll down to shore excursions...Scroll down to "Advanced Search" and only enter "Europe"...no ship or date...

611 excursions will come up...along with a screen that now lets you enter specific ports...Pick a port and enter...Many excursions will come up for each...

These may not be completely accurate for your cruise...Yes, they are reviewing and reconsidering them right now...and there may be some that are only offered on certain sailings due to differences in time in port or special events...But, it's a good place to get a general idea of what should be offered...Probably match 90%+ with what you will eventually see when the actual brochure goes on line...

Hope that helps...

Thanks for replying. I'm disappointed as I wanted to do the search when we both had off. Now I have to wait 2 weeks, because I work every other weekend and my husband works every day. It usually takes me quite a while to decide on what will work better for the both of us. I like museums and he likes more of the outdoor type excursions. But we still have loads of time.

Archived