First Cruise.....

stephic15

My husband and I are going on my first cruise in March with the Sovereign of the Seas. Our children whom are three and five will be coming along. My question is other the Adventures Ocean is there any other "family" type activities? I am not big on leaving my children with individuals I do not know and my three year old is not completely potty trained, so I know she will not be allowed to come in. Do any of know if they also let parents in with the children for the activities??

My husband and I are going on my first cruise in March with the Sovereign of the Seas. Our children whom are three and five will be coming along. My question is other the Adventures Ocean is there any other "family" type activities? I am not big on leaving my children with individuals I do not know and my three year old is not completely potty trained, so I know she will not be allowed to come in. Do any of know if they also let parents in with the children for the activities??

Adventure Ocean will host some family activities, but not so many you will be busy with them all the time. They do a good job. They are great with the kids and your kids may want to ditch the parents once they see how much fun AO is.

Adventure Ocean will host some family activities, but not so many you will be busy with them all the time. They do a good job. They are great with the kids and your kids may want to ditch the parents once they see how much fun AO is.

Thanks...one more question. Is the formal dinner kid friendly? I don't want to get "the looks" when walking in to the formal dinner with small children at hand. My girls are very well behaved and can sit through dinner patiently.

Thanks...one more question. Is the formal dinner kid friendly? I don't want to get "the looks" when walking in to the formal dinner with small children at hand. My girls are very well behaved and can sit through dinner patiently.

If they and you are dressed appropriately, and have the good manners that you mention, you will get only looks of admiration. :)

In my opinion, the dinners are very family friendly. The servers understand that you are traveling with you family and you may want to have dinner with them. The last RCCL cruise I went on, the servers were very out going to make sure the FAMILIES felt comfortable, and were enjoying themselves.

If they and you are dressed appropriately, and have the good manners that you mention, you will get only looks of admiration. :)

Thank you!! I always try to be the respectful parent and have respectful children when it comes to others trying to enjoy their dinner:)

We were on the Sovereign in Sept 06 with our adult kids and 2 year old granddaughter. Even though she was too young to participate in Adventure Ocean (and had a broken leg to boot), we found everyone on this ship to be accomodating in every way to her. As we arrived at dinner each evening, her little portion of diced (yes, DICED!) fruit was waiting for her and her buttered pasta arrived right afterwards.

Some people on these boards might think kids don't belong on cruises but I say baloney. Of course they do! And while a kid might have a tantrum once in a while in the dining room, I can tolerate that a whole lot better than a drunk with a smelly cigar telling in the balcony next to mine!

Take your kids and enjoy yourselves.

We were on the Sovereign in Sept 06 with our adult kids and 2 year old granddaughter. Even though she was too young to participate in Adventure Ocean (and had a broken leg to boot), we found everyone on this ship to be accomodating in every way to her. As we arrived at dinner each evening, her little portion of diced (yes, DICED!) fruit was waiting for her and her buttered pasta arrived right afterwards.

Some people on these boards might think kids don't belong on cruises but I say baloney. Of course they do! And while a kid might have a tantrum once in a while in the dining room, I can tolerate that a whole lot better than a drunk with a smelly cigar telling in the balcony next to mine!

Take your kids and enjoy yourselves.

Thank you so much. My husband and I were talking and decided to not listen to "those people" and enjoy our family vacation to the fullest. My daughter starts school this fall, so we doing this trip as our "big" family vacation this year. And we are also respectful enough to others, if by some chance our children do act up during dinner on of us will politely leave with our child and have buffet. But again thanks for all the advice, you guys have made me feel at peace with taking our girls. I will defiantly be back in March to let you guys know how it went and will post a few pictures. Thanks again!!

They sometimes offer parent-child activities sponsored by Fisher Price. They will be listed in your Cruise Compass.

Archived