Just off Millie Jan 20th sailing, any questions?

Xcruiser

We had a good cruise despite some minor and not so minor disappointments. We had cool, rainy and windy conditions with high seas going out but great weather at each port of call. I’m writing a review of the cruise but would be happy to reply any questions I can answer before I post my review.

Yes - I have questions!!!!!- My gang (24 of us) will be on Millie in a tad less than three weeks for or every other year cruise. Do you or anyone in your group;

Have the name of a platinum club martini waiter that shouldn't be missed?

Have the name of a masseus who gives a wonderful hot stone massage?

Have an appetizer in the main dinning room that shouldn't be missed?

Have a particular show/entertainer that shouldn't be missed

and

Did anyone in your group or at your table comment on the Casa De Campo Beach break?

Thanks in advance

John

Office if Inquiry

The Zamgwar Institute

Did you, or any of your friends, utilize the snorkel excursion on the 82 ft. Cat., out of Casa De Campo?

Have you seen the review on this excursion recently posted on the shore excursions board? If not, you may want to check it out.

Did you do any excursions? On your own or with the ship? Have not been to San Jaun, have been to St Thomas but would like to snorkel nad the other two ports concern me. Let us know what you did>

We did our own thing and this was a great itinerary for that as we have been to all ports before (3xSan Juan, 5xSt. Thomas and 1xCampo) except Labadee. We spent a grand total of $ 50.00 on our transportation for all ports. We did the following:

San Juan:

Walked off the ship and walked the historic sea wall of Old San Juan. First half on the bottom and second half on top of the wall leading to the fort at the port entrance. We walked back to the ship threw the streets of Old San Juan.

St Thomas:

We had 7 cruise ships in port that day so we shipped going into town since last time we were there with so many ships it was crazy in town. We docked at the main pier at Havensight Mall that has a smaller version of most of the stores in town right off the ship. We shopped in the morning bought some Rum and souvenirs returned to the ship. In the afternoon we took the gondolas to Paradise Point on top of the mountain next to the pier, $ 36.00 for two. Took pictures and had some of the famous drinks served in this very scenic port overlook bar.

Casa de Campo:

We took the bus of the pier to Altos de Chavon for $ 14.00 for 2 round trip. This was the second time we have been there but it’s great for pictures, learn about local history and have some inexpensive drinks in a old Café setting.

Labadee:

Hideaway beach!, get there early and grab some shade and loungers ($ 2.00 tip for 2) they will assist in the placements at the best spots. Great swimming, snorkeling or just set back and listen to the music sipping drinks. This stop replaces HAL’s Half Moon Cay as the most relaxing private port of call and reminds me of St Lucia. This was our favorite stop of the cruise.

Yes - I have questions!!!!!- My gang (24 of us) will be on Millie in a tad less than three weeks for or every other year cruise. Do you or anyone in your group;

Have the name of a platinum club martini waiter that shouldn't be missed?

Have the name of a masseus who gives a wonderful hot stone massage?

Have an appetizer in the main dinning room that shouldn't be missed?

Have a particular show/entertainer that shouldn't be missed

and

Did anyone in your group or at your table comment on the Casa De Campo Beach break?

Thanks in advance

John

Office if Inquiry

The Zamgwar Institute

Anna “Banana” port side in the Martini bar was great!!.:D

We didn’t use any spa packages so I can’t help you on the masseuse recommendation.

As always food is suggestive but the Escargot as always was great and the Oysters Rockefeller was new but not prepared in the traditional manor (in the shells) so it was just ok. Our waiter would recommend the Shrimp Cocktail each night if that tells you anything but really I don’t recall any appetizer being bad.

Entertainment was very good on this cruise, no repeat acts like most of our =X= cruises. The joggling comedian and the acrobatic dual were outstanding. We did watch part of one production show and they had good talent onboard but we have seen them all so we left early.

I didn’t get any direct feedback on the Casa de Campo beach break excursion other than what posted on the boards.

Hope this helps.

Did you, or any of your friends, utilize the snorkel excursion on the 82 ft. Cat., out of Casa De Campo?

Sorry I didn't talk to anyone about this but saw it go out and looks like a great Cat.!. I would look for the other post on the board on this one.

Were you able to walk to Old San Juan from the port?? (Assume you were docked at the Pan Amer. pier in San Juan...we've only boarded and debarked on previous cruises and never had any time to visit Old San Juan on past cruises). We're on the same cruise March 9th and also wondered if anyone commented on the Bayibab Beach Break excursion in Casa De Campo...we've been to both the marina and Athos area and don't want to return to either. Looking forward to your upcoming review!

St Thomas:

We had 7 cruise ships in port that day so we shipped going into town since last time we were there with so many ships it was crazy in town. We docked at the main pier at Havensight Mall that has a smaller version of most of the stores in town right off the ship. We shopped in the morning bought some Rum and souvenirs returned to the ship. In the afternoon we took the gondolas to Paradise Point on top of the mountain next to the pier, $ 36.00 for two. Took pictures and had some of the famous drinks served in this very scenic port overlook bar.

Did you go to St Thomas instead of Tortolla?

Were you able to walk to Old San Juan from the port?? (Assume you were docked at the Pan Amer. pier in San Juan...we've only boarded and debarked on previous cruises and never had any time to visit Old San Juan on past cruises). We're on the same cruise March 9th and also wondered if anyone commented on the Bayibab Beach Break excursion in Casa De Campo...we've been to both the marina and Athos area and don't want to return to either. Looking forward to your upcoming review!

We docked in Old San Juan and this has been the case the past 3 times sailing with =X=. It's not far at all from the pier, maybe a 5 minute walk. I believe the Pan-Am pier is only used for cruises departing or ending in San Juan.

As for Beach Break in Casa de Campo per my other post I didn't talk to anyone who took that x so I can't say.

We had a good cruise despite some minor and not so minor disappointments. We had cool, rainy and windy conditions with high seas going out but great weather at each port of call. I’m writing a review of the cruise but would be happy to reply any questions I can answer before I post my review.

Thanks for all of the great information. These answers are so good you should consider charging for them!!! :D :p :rolleyes:

Les

Thanks for all of the great information. These answers are so good you should consider charging for them!!! :D :p :rolleyes:

Les

I did, didn't you notice all the nickel and dime charges on your onboard account?:D

I'm glad Shirley and you figured out how to open your balcony door from the outside.:rolleyes: Great sailing with you both, hope we do it again someday.:)

Joel

Great thread, Joel!

How did Millennium get electricity, since it was so far from an outlet most of the time?

Where could you buy the daily New York Times onboard?

Was there any chance at all of finding kosher food on the ship?

Great thread, Joel!

How did Millennium get electricity, since it was so far from an outlet most of the time?

Where could you buy the daily New York Times onboard?

Was there any chance at all of finding kosher food on the ship?

In reality I know the answer to this; it’s a 5000 mile (nautical) extension cord because it was plugged in at an outlet on our balcony. If you noticed the Millie going into free drift as we entered the port of San Juan that was my bad – opps!:eek:

I heard from someone in the know about Millie you could find the Times for sale near the Cosmos lounge. I however would just wait for someone down the hall to buy one and than bribe the SA to give it to me when they cleaned the room.;)

As for the kosher food; If you took the Sabbath elevators that stop on each floor but really don’t and follow the pax with the black visor-less hat to the lido on the port side you could find all you want.:D

Great sailing with you Jordan!:)

I saw some people with plates of pizza in the elevator on the Millie.

1. Do you know if it is Domino's, Pizza Hut or Papa John's that delivers to the ship? :confused:

2. How much of a tip does the deliverman expect? :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help.

Les

Don’t be ridicu”LES”, you’ve been on enough =X= cruises to know that Domino’s & Pizza Hut don’t deliver to ships at sea! :rolleyes: Celebrity has had a contract with Papa John’s for years now:D . The 18% delivery tip is added to your seapass for your convenience.;)

Joel

I'm going to be on the Millennium this Sunday and need to know where to look for all the wear and tear so I can come back and complain on this board. Its so popular!

Please advise if I should I start in the Captain's quarters for stains on the backside of the drapes?;)

I'm going to be on the Millennium this Sunday and need to know where to look for all the wear and tear so I can come back and complain on this board. Its so popular!

Please advise if I should I start in the Captain's quarters for stains on the backside of the drapes?;)

We started with the Captains quarters until he reminded us we could stay on Labadee Haiti forever he wished. At first we thought he was doing us a favor but once we saw the eXpression on his face we knew this might not be a good thing.:eek:

I wish we could trade places as I would rather be just about to sail then just off the Millie. :(

In all seriousness the ship needs a little TLC in some places. Much work has been done since some of the posts on these boards but some still remains. We didn’t find anything that would keep us from enjoying our cruise. We found that if we noticed some wear and tear two Bahama Momma’s would make it go away real fast.:D

Enjoy your cruise and just relax, don’t complain...

Or the Captain may extend your stay in Haiti.;)

Archived