Century ...questions

oaky

My wife and I will be cruising on the Century in November (can't wait). My wife and I are trying to determine if it worth $400 ($200 per person) to upgrade to the C leval. Has anyone cruised on this ship since its renovation in 2006? If so, do you know if cc cabins are the same size as veranda state rooms?

What are the extra "perks" with concieige?

We will be traveling the Western Med. Does anyone know how far the Barcelona airport is from the docks?

If anyone has taken this cruise before, please let me know any pro's or con's. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Oaky

We were on Century about 10 months ago and had a CC cabin near back of ship which we loved primarily because it was so easy to zip up the outside stairs to the Lido and get coffee/drinks/snacks. Otherwise, I can't remember anything we received which should attract a premium - there were some canapes in the afternoons. But the cabins seemed the same size as the regular veranda cabins and we didn't need/use any of the 'priority' perks which were on offer. Everyone has access to the concierge and all the stateroom attendants seemed nice wherever you met them.

I'd spend the money to go up a grade beyond CC!

We were in Sky Suite 1233 on Century in October. Same size cabins, much larger verandahs, which is way worth the money in my book. The perks were okay--not great. Flowers, afternoon "tea" and then canapes, availability of full breakfast in the cabin or on the balcony, priority tendering, but we only tendered in one port, tote bag, etc.

I agree with the PP about scooting down the stairs one level to grab something from the buffet area. That was really convenient.

If you can't swing the SS, you probably will be just fine in a standard balcony cabin

We went a day early to BCN--which I HIGHLY recommend as it is a beautiful city and one of my favorite places ever. Also helps with jet lag and god forbid letting your luggage catch up to you in case of trouble. Anyway, we rode from the airport to our hotel just off Las Ramblas, and it was probably 20-25 minutes. We were only about 5-10 minutes from the port--I bet it's about 20-25 minutes also from the airport straight to the pier. If it's a choice between a regular cabin and being able to go a day early, I can't emphasize enough how much the latter option is by far the best way to go. My last suggestion is to bring really good, comfortable walking shoes. I have never walked so much in my life--port after port after port. And I made a huge mistake in bringing brand new shoes--I can tell you I was pretty miserable for the first few days until my feet got the hint!

You will LOVE the whole trip--it was fantastic!

Cathy

I believe the OP was inquiring about the CC cabins, not sky suites.:rolleyes:

And yes, on Century, the CC-class cabins are the same size (170 sq. ft.) as the standard balcony cabins. IMO, I don't think CC perks alone are worth $400.

Archived