AOS & Clearing Customs

gopgal

I think I read in another thread something about going through customs on board the ship the morning that we dock in St. Thomas since it is U.S. territory and it will be our last stop on the cruise. Is this true? Can anyone provide information? I would love to not have to do it at the airport on our trip home! Thanks!

Hello! Just back from the AOS this past Sunday and yes, I can confirm that on Saturday morning in St. Thomas between 7:30-9:30am you must go through customs in the dining room. It's really easy and holy cow, it made getting off the ship on Sunday so much easier!

Laura

Another confirmation of a St Thomas customs clearance.

I think the things that I found most amazing about the whole thing were 1) how easy/smooth the whole operation went and 2) how many people didn't "get" that this isn't a NICE to do thing it was a MUST do thing.

Another confirmation of a St Thomas customs clearance.

I think the things that I found most amazing about the whole thing were 1) how easy/smooth the whole operation went and 2) how many people didn't "get" that this isn't a NICE to do thing it was a MUST do thing.

The inspection that happens in ST Thomas, is Immigration, you still have to go through customs when you disembark the ship at San Juan.:(

The inspection that happens in ST Thomas, is Immigration, you still have to go through customs when you disembark the ship at San Juan.:(

True, and I may add that in September of last year, the very few US Customs Officials that I saw were spot checking only at the San Juan pier. The person who collected our customs forms at the exit of the Customs area was a Royal Caribbean employee.

Hello! Just back from the AOS this past Sunday and yes, I can confirm that on Saturday morning in St. Thomas between 7:30-9:30am you must go through customs in the dining room. It's really easy and holy cow, it made getting off the ship on Sunday so much easier!

Laura

Hi! Can you get off the ship once you've cleared ? Or do you have to wait for the whole ship to clear ? I've got a private tour scheduled and he

wants me at HIS dock (a taxi ride from where ship docks) by 8:30 . ??

THANKS !!!

Lisa

Archived