DIS Enchantment

Mijuraad

It brought tears to my eyes watching and listening to the jeering throng shouting epithets at my beloved Enchantment of the Seas.

There she was, simply gorgeous as ever, in the gleaming water of Key West, at Mallory Square...at sunset. The jovial crowds admired her and waved to cruisers on board, as the sunsetting festivities entertained us all.

Then, at five minutes to sunset, it became obvious that Enchantment was preparing to sail away, and the people on Mallory Square realized that Enchantment, moving slowly, would obscure the view of the sun's dropping into the ocean along with the magical green light that would be visible. As one of many of the sunset watchers, I had been cheated of the view the previous night by the departure of Majesty of the Seas; this now was too much to bear. People spoke of turning in their old cruise cards and threatened never to cruise RCCL again. Then the boos started.

Suddenly, EOS turned sharply to its starboard, allowing the last five seconds of the sunset to be seen by all on the square. The crowd was deliriously happy, and, I think, forgave RCCL, Enchantment of the Seas, her captain and all of her passengers. I was on Mallory Square both nights. Clearly, Enchantment of the Seas was a success in Key West, while Majesty needs to create some good will.

Since 1997

Enchantment

Vision

Legend

Explorer

Splendor

Granduer

Legend

Too funny! I love Key West and I love to cruise, but I've never been on a cruise ship that stops in KW. No matter which ports we visit, I'm always happy to get back on our ship at the end of the day and cruise away to our next destination. I think it would kill me getting back on a ship after only being in Key West for a few hours, so we'll stick to flying or driving there. ;)

Archived