Millennium - Conservatory?

EatonDoolittle

When we sailed this ship in '02 there was a 2 level conservatory with fresh, exotic flowers and plants, exquisite scented stuff for the home, and even a place to sit and read. It was a highpoint of my day to pass through and "breathe" .

The Summit changed the format, put it near the sports bar, and it was nowhere near as nice.

I see a brief mention, but no details, in the latest catalogue, but no mention of it on these boards.

We're going on her again in April, can anyone confirm that this wonderful space is still there?

Thx

From the X website: Perched high above the sea, the Conservatory is a flourishing, breathtaking garden featuring the exclusive collection of world-renowned floral designer, Emilio Robba. Looks as if you're in luck!

When we sailed this ship in '02 there was a 2 level conservatory with fresh, exotic flowers and plants, exquisite scented stuff for the home, and even a place to sit and read. It was a highpoint of my day to pass through and "breathe" .

The Summit changed the format, put it near the sports bar, and it was nowhere near as nice.

I see a brief mention, but no details, in the latest catalogue, but no mention of it on these boards.

We're going on her again in April, can anyone confirm that this wonderful space is still there?

Thx

Yes, unlike all the other M-Class ships Millennium has the Conservatory forward in a glass turret on the starboard side. It still has a second level that has two wicker loungers and a small table. This area is locked outside of the posted hour’s 9a-7p? I believe. Also Millie is the only M-Class ship with the Extreme Sports Bar located in the aft turrets. This area is used for a (larger) Conservatory on all other M-Class ships.

Thx

Yes, unlike all the other M-Class ships Millennium has the Conservatory forward in a glass turret on the starboard side. It still has a second level that has two wicker loungers and a small table. This area is locked outside of the posted hour’s 9a-7p? I believe. Also Millie is the only M-Class ship with the Extreme Sports Bar located in the aft turrets. This area is used for a (larger) Conservatory on all other M-Class ships.

From the X website: Perched high above the sea, the Conservatory is a flourishing, breathtaking garden featuring the exclusive collection of world-renowned floral designer, Emilio Robba. Looks as if you're in luck!

Yes! I could not remember the designer's name, but that is it.

Thanks for the reply, I'll be sure to bring some extra gold pieces to buy another of his painfully expensive, but wonderful candles to bring home.

Yes! I could not remember the designer's name, but that is it.

Thanks for the reply, I'll be sure to bring some extra gold pieces to buy another of his painfully expensive, but wonderful candles to bring home.

Please tell me more about the candles. I've never heard anything about them.:)

I'm hoping they are still available - He is some sort of designer / artist, and there were flower "arrangements " (the term does not do them justice), available, as well as candles and, I think , home fragrance spray and other stuff for the home.

I cannot describe the scent - not flowery, but fresh, rich, very memorable.

As I said in the OP, it's been a few years since we were on this ship. I'll report back in April.

Archived