Grenada Excursion Sail, Snorkel

cruisefar

I posted on a question the Grenada board and there has been no response. Has anyone recently done this princess excursion? If you have please post some information about your experience on this excursion. I will greatly appreciate your reply!!

I did one that was Sail Snorkel with lunch over Christmas. The snorkeling was not great. THe crew mentioned they were disappointed because normally there are a lot of fish to see. Lunch was very good. THe beach area, Grand Anse, was nice. I like catamaran rides, but I think next time I will just go to Grand Anse beach and save catamaran for other islands. The crew was very friendly. I just felt like we wasted a lot of time sailing when I could have enjoyed the pretty beach more.

Snorkelling is average at best. However, the crew were very professional.

We have also taken a bus excursion in Grenada, and I would much prefer to be on the water for the day. The bus trip was very stressful due to traffic congestion and very windy roads.

Thanks for the quick replies. I liked the sound of this excursion because the length of time in Grenada is so short and I would not have to worry about getting back to the ship on time. Were the vendors a problem at Grand Anse?

Vendors were there at Grand Anse selling spices and spice necklaces and jewelry but with a polite no thank you they moved on//to get there go into the terminal and go out the door labeled for "water taxi"/ it is $3.00 each way for a ride to the beach/ when you get off the taxi vendors are there to offer you a chair and umbrella for the day. Chair $5.00 and umbrella $10. That vendor will then be your waiter for drinks and food. Best idea...purchase a 99cent inflatable air mattress from Walmart or such at home and take with and float in the water for a relaxing time, then give the mattress to one of the local kids on the beach when time to leave making them very happy/ water taxis run continuous. The beach was crowed but we had a great time.

Archived