Hey Mobile - any idea if/when you may get a different ship

407dm

Our city has contacted a company concerning modifications to add a new gangway to the Mobile Cruise Terminal which will allow a larger ship here. Not much info at this time other that the City committing to spending the additional money and obtaining quotes but it is a step in the right direction. Here is a brief summary from a local tv news website. http://www.wkrg.com/consumer/article/larger_cruise_ship_could_soon_dock_in_mobile/15753/

There is no confirmation from Carnival at this time.

I heard Mayor Dow on the news this morning as I was getting ready for work. He said that the new gangway would allow embarkation and debarkation from either side of the ship so that would apparently eliminate the problem of having to go up channel to turn around.

I heard Mayor Dow on the news this morning as I was getting ready for work. He said that the new gangway would allow embarkation and debarkation from either side of the ship so that would apparently eliminate the problem of having to go up channel to turn around.

The ship would still have to turn around to get back into the Gulf.

If the HOLIDAY is replaced before you sail on it. Carnival will let you know. You will have a choice of sailing on the New Replacement ship in the same catagory, or you can cancel and get your money back. But you will have the option of sailing on the ship that replaces the HOLIDAY. You will still be able to cruise out of Mobile on that date. So don't worry. The HOLIDAY is nice and I have sailed on her three times, but a newer ship would be even better. It would be larger. Either way you are in a win win situation.

Hope that helps.

Ron

You may not be able to sail on the same date if it is between the time the Holiday leaves and the new ship arrives. I wonder what happens in that case.

I heard that the Holiday will be replaced by the big gray ship across the bay with the 16" gun turrets. :D

And the CD will be Steven Seagall? Erika Eleniak as purser? Gary Busey as captain and Tommy Lee Jones the Maitre'd? Sounds like a cruise from hell. :D

• 2 weeks later...
And the CD will be Steven Seagall? Erika Eleniak as purser? Gary Busey as captain and Tommy Lee Jones the Maitre'd? Sounds like a cruise from hell. :D

If Seagall is onboard, I'll cancel.:mad:

After the oil spill on the Mississippi last week the Fantasy was forced to use the Mobile terminal this past week. It was reported in our local paper that the ship was able to turn in the existing basin without the assistance of tug boats so it seems it is possible for a ship of that size to make it in and out of port with out assistance. The current gangway would not work though and the passengers had to use the ships regular gangplank to exit and enter the ship.

Here is the story from our local paper concerning a wedding that took place onboard. http://www.al.com/press-register/stories/index.ssf?/base/news/121715025286380.xml&coll=3

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder from the Guidelines:

Copyright Infringements

The posting of large blocks of text obtained from the Internet, online newspapers, web sites, magazines, etc., defeats the purpose of our Cruise Boards. All of this information is available to everyone online, and doesn't add to the idea of sharing firsthand experiences and cruise advice. Also, the majority of information out there is protected by an author's individual copyright. Therefore, we will remove such information from the message boards. You may LINK via url to the information.

However, Cruise Line press releases are welcome on the boards, if you clearly indicate the source.

Kat

Archived