Dolphin Deck Carribean Princess

jfhtn

Has anyone stayed in the mini's on Dophin Deck? Some how our room assignment for mar 30th got messed up and they have "upgraded " us to mini suite on Dolphin. But from what I have read, these are not good :mad: locations. Anyone????:confused:

Tn Cruiser

Grand Princess, Sun Princess, Celebrity Mercury, Century, Mariner of the Seas, Monarch of Seas, Empress of the Seas, Sovereign of Sea

We were on the 1/27 cruise on the Dolphin Deck and we loved the mini. Some people have a problem with the uncovered balcony but we loved it. My Dh developed a cold and we spent more time than usual in the cabin and we were both glad to have the extra space as well as the 2 TV's (lol).

We will definitely do a Dolphin mini on our next trip but will request a port side as opposed to a starboard cabin.

Hope this helps

Im booked in a dolphin mini for my may cruise. Its room D202 can anyone tell me if this is port side or not? Or if it is close to any activites (pools,bars, ect) Iv never been on a cruise so I dont know how to find out this info.

To to op.. though this is my first cruise, I did so much research on the board to find a room I would be happy it, and I picked the Dolphin Mini as one of my top choices.. havent heard of any downsides except the open deck but I wanted an open deck so that was a plus for me lol. Hope that is some help

We had a forward mini on Dolphin on the CB last Sept 2007. We had very little wind and the sun was availabkle and very nice. . The uncovered deck was nice, but we had no rain the whole week. There is absolutely no shelter from rain on the Dolphin deck minis and Princess kinda keeps that quiet, but most TA's let you know that. Also, there is not privacy on the Dolphin mini's balcony. Everyone that is above you will know you are out there. We had trouble with one lady who thought it was cool to feed the birds french fries while in port and the birds were swarming like vultures and making a huge mess if you know what I mean. We had to call security.

The mini rooms are great with t TV's a sitting area, and a full bath with tub. We loved the room and would book it again, even with the fully exposed deck.

I WAS WORRIED ABOUT THE UNCOVERED BALCONY ALSO, BUT IT TURNED OUT GREAT!

THE FIRST HOURS ON BOARD WE INTRODUCED OURSELVES TO THE FRIENDLY PEOPLE ABOVE US. OTHER THEN THAT WE NEVER REALLY EVEN SAW PEOPLE LOOKING DOWN. EVEN IF THEY WERE, WE DIDN'T NOTICE. IT WAS NICE SITTING OUTSIDE AT NIGHT AND STARING STRAIGHT UP AT THE STARS!

ENJOY!!!!!! ONCE YOU STAY IN A MINI SUITE, YOU WILL NEVER GO BACK TO A BALCONY STATEROOM!:D

I've been on the CB twice and both times booked a Caribe deck room. Since we spend most of our time outside, I rather preferred the larger balcony to the extra space in a mini suite. Also, the sun was really hot at certain times of the day, and the half covering offered protection.

I also booked a Dolphin mini suite for the two week British Isles cruise on the Golden because the space was then my larger need (I wouldn't kill my darling daughter or she me after 14 days in close contact). Plus the weather was cool so less time was spent on the balcony.

If the OP had a mini on the Emerald deck (covered) then I wouldn't consider this an upgrade. Those covered minis are highly sought after. If the OP had a regular balcony and was upgraded to the mini on the Dolphin then I would be very happy. Going from a regular balcony to a mini would be great, even if it was uncovered.

Archived