"Must Not Miss" excursions in Mexican Rivera??

sweetiepie9339

We are going on a cruise to the MR in December- and don't have a clue what to do where? We are very acitve but also enjoy a beach day and shopping. Just want to see the BEST of Mexico- and do the most fun things there!

Keeping in mind the weather and water temps in Dec (how will they be?)- do you have any suggestions on the "must see/ Must do" in these ports:

Acapulco

Zithuateanjo/Ixpta

Puerto Vallarta

Cabo San Lucas

Any help is greatly apprecatied!!

Thanks!!

Go to mazingo.com there are lots of fun things to do in Mazatlan, specially for beach day tours and shopping, one of the highlight is the Stone Island tour.

Any other question please write to this forum.

Feel free to check out my review of our ports (in my signature line). The one thing that I recommend no matter what is Randi's Happy Horses. Hands down the best. DH & I are returning with our daughter in March 2006 and we already told Randi to save us 3 spots! The one excursion that we would repeat in a heartbeat! We are still talking about it months later!

Tina

If you go after Dec. 15 do the whale-watch in P. Vallarta with "cielo-abierto" "Openair-expeditions". http://www.vallartawhales.com/ On a big Zodiac cruising the bay, lovely.

Otherwise the Sierra Madre expedition, on a truck with seats into villages in the surrounding, driving through rivers, great barbeque on the beach.

In Zihuatenejo take a cab, let the driver show you the village and the beach. Especially the nice hotel at the eastern part on the beach.

in Cabo we had a great time of parasailing through JT Watersports, then having the boat driver drop is off at "The Office" for lunch. We just spent the day right there at the beach just to the right of The Office - it's called the Mango Deck. Had a GREAT time! And when it was time to go back to the ship we got in a water taxi and we were on our way.

WE leave for the Mexican Riviera on Sunday on board the Legend of the seas.

We love this site and got tons of information from this site as we planned out trip as well there is a newish site with lots of information condensed on the ports of call on this itinerary called ( CRUISE MEXICO dot ORG) I have encrypted it as i cant post this site here for some reason. The DOT is a period and it is all one word with 3 w's in the beginning.( obviously)

Good luck and happy cruiseing!!!

In Cabo, everyone should take a panga trip out to Los Archos and perhaps Lover's Beach at least once. Be prepared to wade in to Lover's Beach from the boat...it is a wet trip regardless and best in your bathing suits. You also have to have at least one beer or Marguerita at the Giggling Marlin there.

In Puerto Vallarta, walk around the Malacon and Old Town area. Lots to see, nice shops and good views of the beach. Go into the Cathedral while you are there too.

Of course in Acapulco you have to go see the cliff divers at least once. Consider taking a cab rather than a tour, and go early before the tour buses get there.

Archived