Cosol Tours

MACISBAC

Yeah I hear you. I don't understand why the cruise ship doesn't work with COSOL. I would gladly pay the ship an extra $20 bucks just for the piece of mind.

...we took his tour last month...excellent, by the way. This guy now has 7 vehicles providing tours...has all the business he can handle...why turn over 20-30% of your revenue to RCCL or Carnival and have to answer to them?

A ship tour with larger crowds, older vehicles, higher prices?? No, Thank You.

We just got off the Pearl today (02/17). We did COSOL and LOVED IT!!! Don't worry about time, they are well aware of the departure time and very well organized/professional. I highly recommend COSOL and it was in the highlights of our cruise

Hi alpinemccain-can you believe it-we're from the same small city??? And we are planning to do Cosol's tour in Dec. on the Miracle. From all of the good feedback he has had on these boards, it seems like a no-brainer to go with him. Can you tell me a bit about where you went with him? Did you plan the itinerary or did you just let him take you places? We will be on the cruise with our 2 daughters(18 and 17). Do you think they would enjoy this excursion??

Thanks for all your help, Shelly ps. Where abouts in Moncton are you from? We're in the West End!!:)

We almost always book private excursions. They are always less expensive, less crowded, and more informative. You don't have to put up with "the crowds" or that lingering idiot in every big crowd (you know who you are).

Funny thing, the ONLY excursion we went on that was EVER late returning to the ship was an excursion in Belize that we booked through the ship!

The one tour we have found that said she would pay for our motel and airfare back to the ship was Sarah of Glory Tours in Barbados. She takes her role of tour operator very seriously and has earned her business on these Cruise Critic boards. We had a great tour that day on Barbados. We have just returned from an 11 day cruise in the Southern Caribbean and the other tours we booked from CC's recommendations just assure you that you will be back on time and we were, but Sarah tells you up front of what her policy is. We had no worries on her wonderful tour of Barbados.

We just returned from an 11 day cruise on Galaxy and took Cosol's tour. Our tour lasted over 6 hours and we made it back in plenty of time. It was a great tour. They are totally aware of what time you need to be back and allow for it. We didn't feel rushed and we were not worried that we wouldn't make it back. I'm sure if something slowed a portion of the tour down, they would just adjust and eliminate some of the sights. Go for it.

We just got off the Emerald Princess having enjoyed a wonderful 10 days in the beautiful islands of the Eastern Caribbean.

This was our 21st cruise, and we have visited all but one or two of the islands of the Caribbean over the years, having done many tours. I have to say, the tour that we did with Cosol Tours on St Lucia was AWESOME and the BEST tour we have ever done!!!!

Our driver, Adrian, was wonderful. St Lucia is a challenge to drive and Adrian was as cool as a cucumber during the entire tour. This guy can turn his very comfortable, WELL A/C'ed van on a dime, and everyone remarked how much they enjoyed the tour with him. Having read reports of others tours (and concerns), we were so very pleased at the ease and comfort with our entire tour.

The stops, the treats (fresh fruit, johnny cakes, bananas, cookies (TO DIE FOR!), fresh bread and cheese and always lots of cold beer, rum punch and water and sodas. Cosol has several vans, and I estimate that day there must have been about 10 of his vans on tour, and EVERYONE kept saying (as we shared cold drinks, good food and GREAT photo ops together) how much they were enjoying their tour and how safe and comfortable they felt on their particular van and with their driver.

When we mentioned that we wanted some island hotsauce and bottled water to take back to the ship, Adrian stopped at a grocery store along the way so we could get it fresh and MUCH cheaper than anything close to the ship! We were just asking where he recommended we get it, and he immediately said not to worry, he knew exactly where to stop on the way back to the ship. What service!!!

I had been a little concerned when I read some posts about some encounters last month on the island with other cruise passengers, but I can tell you that this beautiful island is NOT to be missed, and I felt TOTALLY safe and secure the entire trip. (And just for reference, we do not even leave the ship in Jamaica anymore because of safety concerns....)

From start to finish, this tour is unmatchable. We are not "do that tour again" types, but WILL be back with Cosol on our next stop in St Lucia for sure. Between the volcano, Jaliouse beach, the Pitons, plantations, wonderful harbor views and more, St Lucia is a paradise not to be missed.

If you have any questions,feel free to email me...I would be happy to try and answer them.

Cosol and crew, thanks for a most memorable tour of your beautiful island...you guys ARE the BEST!!!

Debe7ing, we must have been van mates because we were on the same tour. ( the couple with two teens).

I fully agree with Debe7ing's post- this tour was one of the highlights of our trip. Adrian was a very personable guide, at times pulling over at the side of the road unexpectedly to get us some local fruit or to point out various interesting things.

The thought never even crossed our minds if we would make it back to the ship on time. This is a well run tour company, though it has a very personal feel. All drivers are in touch with each other and somewhat follow the same route so don't worry about missing the boat.

I would strongly vote for Cosol tours in St. Lucia.

Thanks for the great time.

Debe7ing, we must have been van mates because we were on the same tour. ( the couple with two teens).

I fully agree with Debe7ing's post- this tour was one of the highlights of our trip. Adrian was a very personable guide, at times pulling over at the side of the road unexpectedly to get us some local fruit or to point out various interesting things.

The thought never even crossed our minds if we would make it back to the ship on time. This is a well run tour company, though it has a very personal feel. All drivers are in touch with each other and somewhat follow the same route so don't worry about missing the boat.

I would strongly vote for Cosol tours in St. Lucia.

Thanks for the great time.

Wow...small world, eh??? :) How is life up in Canada??? Glad to see you guys made it back safe and sound, and that you enjoyed the tour as much as we did! Already booked the Emerald for Feb 09, see you guys then???

We did Cosol tours last year for the first time and really enjoyed it. We were taken back to the ship port 2hrs. before our ship departs. We also had a GRATE! experience with a private tour operator on St.Thomas, my wife and I went with V.I. Scenic Tours and was guaranteed returned back to the ship at least one hour before departure, and Burlie our tour guide did returned us 1.5hr. before departure. We have had only pleasant experiences with the private tour operators we have used and their prices are so much cheaper than the ship tours. Relax take the tour with Cosol and you will be glad you did.

Joe

Is the website v.i. scenic tours??

Does the tour with COSOL feel rushed or does it have a nice pace to it allowing you to enjoy the experience?

I ask because I have been on several tours where I felt like we were just being shuttled from one place to another without actually being able to soak it all in.

I never felt "rushed" on the tour, although the tour is pre-planned we seemed to spend just enough time at each spot, with time to spare for a few unscheduled stops.

Does the tour with COSOL feel rushed or does it have a nice pace to it allowing you to enjoy the experience?

I ask because I have been on several tours where I felt like we were just being shuttled from one place to another without actually being able to soak it all in.

We didn't feel rushed at all and we had a much shorter tour because our ship left St Lucia at 3pm!!

Cheers, Denise

Wow...small world, eh??? :) How is life up in Canada??? Glad to see you guys made it back safe and sound, and that you enjoyed the tour as much as we did! Already booked the Emerald for Feb 09, see you guys then???

Yep, made it back safe and sound- though the tan is already fading!

That was a great tour. Not sure about next year- still debating where to go.

Can anyone tell me the price of Cosols tours. Are they all the same? DH and I would like to spend most of our time in Jalousie. An hour or so is not enough time there. I believe our ship is in St. Lucia from 7 am to 6 pm in April.

And, does he have a website?

Can anyone tell me the price of Cosols tours. Are they all the same? DH and I would like to spend most of our time in Jalousie. An hour or so is not enough time there. I believe our ship is in St. Lucia from 7 am to 6 pm in April.

And, does he have a website?

We were quoted $50 per person. You can contact Nereus Francis at colsol966@hotmail.com. Hope this helps.

The email address that ezmack cites is incorrect - the correct one is on the reservation page of the website.

The hotmail address quoted is "Cosol's" actual email- his name is Nereus Francis, and this is the email address he uses when he confirms your reservations, or if you have asked a question, he will reply using this address. If you send him an email to the hotmail address, he should reply to you or you can use the one on his website.

We used Cosol Tours last year and it was the highlight of St Lucia. We saw so much and were so relaxed the whole tour. Everyone loved it! Our driver was Adrian and he was so knowledgeable of the island and we saw so many sites and tasted so many different foods. The bananas were soo sweet and if you can , try the banana ketchup! I would tour with Cosol again without hesitation!! Well worth the money!!! We paid $45 pp last April but gave our driver a nice tip at the end!! :p

I Checked Out His Website And Think We Will Not Use Him, Since We Would Like To Spend More Time On The Beach In Jalousie. Does Anyone Know A Tour Co. That Will Show You A Few Not-to-miss Land Sights And Then Go To Jalousie For A Couple Of Hours? I Prefer Not To Have A Private Tour. Too Expensive For Just The Two Of Us.

Ina

You could just hire a taxi, but keep in mind that Jalousie is a pretty good ways from the port, and could run into some money. Also, I'm not sure all drivers have access to Jalousie, since it is part of a resort. Maybe someone else would have that information.

We used Cosol for a tour on Feb. 19 and enjoyed it very much. We had a party of 6 and 4 others joined for the group rate. Cosol planned stops with snacks of island food as well as drinks from his cooler. We had a stop at Jalousie beach of more than one hour but could have insisted on more. On the way back we had an island lunch of freshly baked bread and local cheese which he also provided. It was a well organized tour and well worth the money.

Archived