Main dining rooms - any "always available" selections?

We have an upcoming Gem cruise.

I've cruised with Princess in the past and they had a handful of always available menu selections (grilled chicken, steak, fettuccini alfredo). I was looking at some NCL online menus last night and I'm going to have no problem as I'm the adventerous eater but DH is not so much. Will there be some less exotic items available for him? :p

You can always order a steak, and maybe other choices, too. In my experience, the steak takes longer to prepare and the others at the table will get their meals first. The menu selections are prepared in an assembly line batch mode. The steak is a one-off.

A couple weeks ago (Pride of Aloha) there were 5 or 6 items listed on the menu each evening as "always available". I didn't pay a lot of attention to it, I know for certain there was Skirt Steak (which someone we ate with ordered & enjoyed although he said it was a bit tough), Turkey Dinner w/sweet potato (again something a person we sat with ordered and enjoyed-although he complained that there was no cranberry sauce (he said the turkey was as good as he had ever eaten). Also there was a fish item and a chicken item (I wish I had paid enough attention to give more detail) and I think there was a Caesar Salad.

Are these items not on the menu? DH is one of those types that would never ask for a "special order" at the risk of being deemed difficult.
no, they are not. they used to be and I think it is sad they no longer are. Maybe with 2.0 things will change. You can order ceaser salad, green salad, salmon, steak, chicken breast, veggies or baked potatoes. There may be other things, but these I am sure of.

Nita

guess I am wrong: mbisson says they were on the menu a few weeks ago. glad to hear it.

Nita

guess I am wrong: mbisson says they were on the menu a few weeks ago. glad to hear it.

Nita-You're seldom wrong about these things and may not be again. Even though it was printed on the menus for my sailing, the reason I did the edit was to add that it was a Pride sailing. I don't know if it's printed on the menu of the non-Hawaii sailings. But-(for the OP) even if not printed, they're still available.

(PS-guess I did the edit so quickly that the normal "edit" phrase didn't show up ;) )

We sat with others about half the time and almost always someone selected something from the always available area. I heard less complaints about the always available items than I did about the new items, (although I had no problems with 'em)

I really liked the dessert selections...there was some sort of soufflé almost every night! YUMMY (I forgot to put that in my review)

Another side note---the breakfast menu in the main rooms included a couple of different eggs Benedict items each day--my previous sailings only had that once or twice a week

Appreciate the responses... I'll try to convince him that he can order these items even if not specifically listed. Regardless sounds like there are so many choices all over the ship that he will certainly not go hungry. :p

Although he may not be as "adventurous" (food wise) as you, you might also remind him that if he orders something & doesn't like it, they'll always bring him another dish if he would like!

Archived