Can I make....in Red Hook

judbusluc

You might be cutting it real close. Alot depends on the ship getting to port on time and no traffic to the airport. Then once at the airport, you hope the lines are short for checking in. If your late, just show the attendants your ticket and they will put you to the front of the line.

On one cruise, a man had a heart attack, so the ship had to detour to Bermuda to drop him off and we got into the port at 7pm. So anything can happen.

Good Luck

I'd be nervous if I had a flight that early. But, you know what will happen ... everything will go perfectly and you'll be sitting at the airport at 9:30 wishing you had taken the 10:50. That said ... "you takes your chances" when you book that early.

I live about 10 minutes from the Red Hook terminal.. You should be able to get to the airport in an hour or hour and a half tops. LaGuardia is about 45 minutes away. Truthfully, at the time you will be traveling and the direction you are going (towards New Jersey, not New York City) you should definitely make it.

Can I make a 10:50am flight out of LGA on a Sunday after disembarking the Caribbean Princess in Red Hook? I think it is too early but my DH says that it will be fine.

You might make it to the airport if you leave the ship as soon as it docks.

Early disembarkment.

However, keep in mind you have to find your luggage and take a 15 minute ride to the airport. Without traffic. Factor in check-in lines, security lines which can be long, especially during peak travel time.

Whe we did our first Princess cruise on January, we had a noon flight out of Fort Lauderdale. We did not know what time would be best for the flight, and we thought even that was too early, but we called Princess and they have a guide that they refer to for flights on disembarkation day. In our circumstance, they were able to tell us that a flight at or after 10:30 AM would be OK in Fort Lauderdale. I am assuming they have this guide for all of their emarkation piers and airports. You may want to try to call them and see what they say.

I live about 10 minutes from the Red Hook terminal.. You should be able to get to the airport in an hour or hour and a half tops. LaGuardia is about 45 minutes away. Truthfully, at the time you will be traveling and the direction you are going (towards New Jersey, not New York City) you should definitely make it.

LGA is 20 minutes without traffic from the pier. Towards NJ????I have no idea where you live but you really need to look at a map. LGA is NE of the Cruise terminal in fact you take the Brooklyn Queens Expressway East(278 east) to get there. Its true it sort of feels like you are going North but that is because even Manhattan runs SW to NE. The only issue is the time you get off the ship and either the availability of a cab or a limo meeting you. I use Arecibo they are normally there within 10 minutes. Even with heavy traffic it rarely takes more than a n hour once you are in a car and on a Sunday morning its a snap.

"http://www.mapquest.com/directions/ use Directions from Imlay St & Bowne St, Brooklyn, NY 11231 to LaGuardia Airport (LGA), Laguardia Airport, Flushing, NY

this says its 17 minutes and has a good map. In any case you should have enough time....most of the time

Archived