Concierge Service

Slam308

All the RCCL publications say that you have to be a Diamond member in order to receive concierge service. Someone else said although they don't publicise it, you'll receive a key to the concierge room once you become a platinum member. Does anyone know if this is true? Doing my fifth cruise with RCCL next month and just curious.

I just was informed that only Suites are allowed in the Concierge Lounge on the Jewel. Another, smaller room has been designated for Diamond members. Does anyone know about this? And what kind of amenities do Diamond members receive in an alternate room away from the lounge? This really bothers me, a Diamond members are the loyal customers.

Any information would be appreciated as we will be on the Jewel for 20 day in October. Is Brett still the concierge? Thanks.

Margie

Just came off the Jewel. We had a Grand Suite:) This entitled us to the Concierge Lounge located on Deck 10 Portside. Diamond members are welcomed to the lounge. Concierge Service is for Grand Suite or above, or for Diamond members of C & A. You'll recieve in your Suite/Cabin a white key card that reads the name of the ship and the words Concierge LoungeThis service is only available on Voyager & Radiance Class ships. I hope this helps

Happy sailings:)

Regarding the question about the Jewel having a smaller lounge for diamond & only suites using the regular lounge, let me set that straight. We were on the transatlantic recently. There were over 200 diamonds on this cruise. Since there were so many, they added another lounge from 5 - 8 pm on deck 13 to accommodate the crowd. All the suites + 200 diamonds could not practically use the regular concierge lounge. You could choose either, they were not designated according to suite vs. diamond.

Thanks for the clarification. That is very good news that the 2 rooms will only apply when necessary and that you have your choice. We also had Brett on the b to b cruises in May on the Jewel. How did you like him? Is he due for vacation maybe?

Margie

According to the information I received from someone who should know, Brett will be leaving the Jewel for a vacation (and, I believe, to get married) when it returns to Boston in early October. We will be boarding on October 28th for her repositioning cruise and will just miss him. He was very helpful to us when we sailed on Brilliance in the past.

As the number of Diamond C&A members continues to grow, the Radiance and Voyager class ships have had to open a second lounge to accommodate all of those entitled to this amenity. That was definitely the case on the inaugural cruise of the Mariner, and frankly the second lounge (on Deck 13) was preferable to the main lounge which, on Voyager Class ships, is an interior room with no seaviews.

If, indeed, Brett will be on vacation.....last vacation he was also leaving to get married altho his girlfriend also works on the Jewel and they stated they were not getting married for a loooong while. I hope that they have a trained concierge to take Brett's place and NOT a purser-in-training who is usually absolutely clueless. Maybe Maritza or Willy could replace Brett. Wishful thinking.

From what I hear the concierge lounge has become so overcrowded they have had to open several more rooms for Diamond members on various ships. I also hear that some of the new concepts for what used to be Viking Crown have not gone over as well and that at least part of that space will be a privste club room. I know when we were on Exploter in 2003 there was never anybody in that entire area - even later at night. Guess it makes sense to use the space.

Of course, why wasn't RCI smart enough to figure out that dinky room they have for the concierge would fill up? Not enough confidence in their own loyalty program perhaps?

Archived