Caribbean Pirates Extravaganza

coco6

I have done some research on this particular board about this excursion thru the Destiny. However, I have still not found the answers to my questions.

How do you get off the boat into the tender boat? is it by swinging on a rope?or do you just jump onto the tender boat? explain in detail how this is done.

Can you get off the boat and tender to the island even if you don't want to participate in the treasure hunt? I just want to go to the beach and swim awhile.

How do you know when its time to get back on the tender boat to get back onto the pirate boat?

If your own the pirate boat and want to swim in the water by the boat, is the only way into the water is swinging from the rope?

Thanks

I have done some research on this particular board about this excursion thru the Destiny. However, I have still not found the answers to my questions.

How do you get off the boat into the tender boat? is it by swinging on a rope?or do you just jump onto the tender boat? explain in detail how this is done.

Can you get off the boat and tender to the island even if you don't want to participate in the treasure hunt? I just want to go to the beach and swim awhile.

How do you know when its time to get back on the tender boat to get back onto the pirate boat?

If your own the pirate boat and want to swim in the water by the boat, is the only way into the water is swinging from the rope?

Thanks

You simply climb down a ladder to the tender. You can swim at the little beach. It's actually kind of cool. There is another question about this same excursion that I answered in a bit more detail. Take a look. The name of the ship is the Brig Unicorn. You can get off the ship even if you're not treasure hunting. You know it's time to go back when they yell for you plus you'll see the tenders coming back to the small pier. We were not allowed to swim next to the ship. She's pretty big and can only get so far into the cove. Hope I answered everything but do please read my other post in another thread on this page.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are looking to book this on our RCCL Cruise in March, my 7 year old DD loves pirates and will be thrilled to go on it. We are also traveling with my parents who are interested in joining us however RCCL restricts people over 70 - does anyone know why? My dad is very active and in good health, this doesn't sound like a strenuous tour.

• 8 months later...

We just got back from our cruise and St Lucia and the day on the Brig Unicorn was one of my favorite days. The crew was alot of fun and joked around with everyone. They let each person who wanted to, steer the ship. I wanted to do it, but got caught up in other things going on and forgot to. We went over to Pigion Island and were able to swim and snorkel for an hour. It was wonderful.

We are looking to book this on our RCCL Cruise in March' date=' my 7 year old DD loves pirates and will be thrilled to go on it. We are also traveling with my parents who are interested in joining us however RCCL restricts people over 70 - does anyone know why? My dad is very active and in good health, this doesn't sound like a strenuous tour.[/quote']

We are traveling with my in-laws, and everyone in our party (ages 8 to a very young 72) really wanted to do this. However, I tried to pay for the excursion online for all of us and I couldn't, as my mother in law is 72 and it flagged her. She's in great shape and very active, and is so disappointed. So now we are looking for alternatives. It's hard to find something that appeals to everyone!

I would not give up aaatrm. If your MIL is able to climb/descend a few stairs, I think she would be OK. I suspect the transfer from the pirate ship to the small tenders (to go ashore) is the hangup.

Try calling instead of online booking. Or, perhaps book something else for now - but then try again at the excursion desk once you board, and cancel the planB trip if they let you go.

Past that, I would suggest contacting Serenity Tours. They have some great deals for groups.

I would not give up aaatrm. If your MIL is able to climb/descend a few stairs, I think she would be OK. I suspect the transfer from the pirate ship to the small tenders (to go ashore) is the hangup.

Try calling instead of online booking. Or, perhaps book something else for now - but then try again at the excursion desk once you board, and cancel the planB trip if they let you go.

Past that, I would suggest contacting Serenity Tours. They have some great deals for groups.

great -- thanks for the advice! I was going to try booking on board and see if could do it this way, and have a plan B just in case.

• 2 months later...
I am looking to book a tour on the Brig Unicorn NOT through the cruiseline (saving $$). Does anyone have a website/email address? What is the price/pp? Thanks!

If they have a contract with the cruiseline (and most likely they do) they won't sell to you except through the cruiseline.

• 1 month later...

I have saved hundreds of dollars booking excursions on my own. Last year Royal Carribbean wanted $159 for me to swim with dolphins and $109 for my daughter who is five. I found the website and booked with them directly.

I paid 109 for me and my daughter was free because she was five or under.

I saved $159 by booking directly!

Had to take a taxi over but it was faster than waiting on the RC bus and I beat the crowd.

But... then again it can go the other way also.

The pirates trip booked thru royal caribbean is $93 per adult and if you book it directly thru the company they want $109 per adult so it just depends. You have to do your research.

http://www.seaspraycruises.com/brigunicondaytour.php

Theresa

The pirate ship has a contract with the cruise companies on the days the ships are in port, so you can not book independently. I called seaspray tours and was told that I would have to book through the ship.

• 1 month later...

We are thinking about booking this excursion. A couple of questions for those who have done it-- 1. Is it worth the money? I am a big Pirates of the Caribbean fan and would like to go, but it seems like a lot of money and you can only book through the ship.

2. Do they serve rum punch before going to Pigeon Island, or only on the way back?

3. When you get to Pigeon Island--do you have to stay with the group or can you explore some on your own?

Thanks.

Archived