My first solo cruise soon..any tips?

ohioNCLcruiser

Greetings everyone,

I have my first solo cruise in April to Bermuda on the Norwegian Dawn. I'm not sure if I will find lots of people around my age on the cruise but I'm just looking forward to enjoying the week on the ship and Bermuda. Does anyone have any tips for a first timer? I know some people on the sailing so I will have most dinners with them but will also try the share a table option.

Hi! I cruise several times solo and I love it!! I hope the following helps.

1. If you ship have a solo lunch go to it. On my last cruise, there was over three tables of solo cruisers. So many thought that they were the only solo cruisers on board. Many found others that where doing the same shore trips they were doing or either thinking about doing!

2. Go to the various happening around the ship. I went to the several of the games on board and met people

3. Go to cocktail hour. Many of the bars have cocktail hour prior to dinner. Even if you don't drink (I normally get a virgin foo foo drink), you can meet others

4. Smile and greet. I do this on the ship. When I'm in the elevator, going to a show, eating in the Lido, you can meet so many others

5. Be yourself and have fun!!

I hope this helps!

Happy sailing!!

Archived