Golden or Star Which one to Alaska?

minniemom

I am new to Princess here, and we are looking into Alaska this summer. Going on Princess for the first time ever. 2 Disneys and 2 Celebrity before this. The Star and Golden go out one day apart, and so I am wondering, if anyone has done both? Is there any difference? Would you choose one over the other, the iteneries look the same, just the days are a bit different. So basically, is there any reason I should choose one over the other?

The Golden Princess and Star Princess are of the same design, and Princess service is pretty consistent across all ships. They each have their own history that will probably not apply to your cruise. So it is a coin toss (flip...).

The Star and the Golden are sister ships. I would really look at the times you are in port. They may differ there. Check out the excursions and see if you are interested in anything; look how long the excursions are and then look at the times the ships are in port.

Marilyn

I have been on both the Star and Golden, although not in Alaska. Both are of the same Grand class design. The Golden is older and when we were on her back in November she was showing her age a bit, although I have read that Princess is replacing the bedding/matress and some other stuff. There is a few minor difference as to where the kids club is located on each ship as well as the arcade. Neither has MUTS. Services was good on both ships (we even had the same waiter on both ships go figure) Both have Sabatini's and the Sterling Steakhouse. I would go with whatever is more workable for your schedule as the ships are roughly the same.

Archived