Perry Grant

Freeascanbe

Just returned from a wonderful 11 day cruise on the Constellation. We saw Perry Grant a number of times and thoroughly enjoyed his show, but were just wondering about his "entourage" - Joyce, Couple 69, Marilyn Dupree, and a couple others. Just curious - they were there sittiong in the same place every night. Thanks!!

We were on the Jan 18th sailing and have to admit i enjoyed going to see Perry Grant. We had to be one of the youngest in the room ... sis in her late 40's and I mid 50's. Sis and I would sneek in most nites to catch our Perry fix the guys had enough after 1 night.

Vera was a main stay when we were on the ship and she from what I could gather sailed alone and was one of his "groupies". Wasn't she on your cruise.

Maybe she left for one cruise and was reboarding after doing some major laundry. :D.

Well all I can say is " A toast to Judee".

On our Connie cruise in Oct, Joyce and Marilyn were also on the cruise. I met Marilyn on our B2B in Jan/Feb this year,(at a program) on the Connie and she said she comes on for a month. I don't know about Joyce. They seem to be part of his act.

On the Jan/Feb B2B we went to Perry almost every night he performed, and he did pick out two of our tablemates as part of his act....they were brothers and sat in the big green leather chairs.

Perry named them "Frick and Frack" and gave them wigs to wear.

Perry is indeed a great showman.

We were on the 10 day Constellation cruise in Feb. Saw Perry Grant several times and just loved him! We had not heard of him before and just stumbled onto his show one night - so glad we did. We hoped he had a website, but can't find anything. Joyce and Marilyn were there as well as the "Swedish boys." We have seen some of the other posts talking about followers of Perry, so we don't know if they were some. But what a great entertainer! We hope we get to see him again someday. Nothing like him!

Take your positions everyone.:p

What is it that you want to get???:eek:

LOL ;)

seriously, I just meant I don't understand the draw to him. Thats OK, to each, his own. In my opinion, there was something kinda creepy about this guy... like I say, IMHO.. just like ships and cruise lines. differant strokes for differant folks...

But, I am glad I got to check out who everyone was raving about.. ;)

LOL ;)

seriously, I just meant I don't understand the draw to him. Thats OK, to each, his own. In my opinion, there was something kinda creepy about this guy... like I say, IMHO.. just like ships and cruise lines. differant strokes for differant folks...

But, I am glad I got to check out who everyone was raving about.. ;)

SNAP:D

In fact, twice we went around there and the place was empty..he was performing only to around half a dozen people when we were in...we did see him "in action" when it was busier, but nah..didnt do it for us either. Of course, JMHO...theres obviously many who adore him, and I think its great that the ship has various performers to suit all tastes. Just not ours.

I don't understand the draw to him.

I 'think' I understand the draw, but, it doesn't draw me in either. You are right, different strokes... etc. I've been on the Constellation 2x, both times he was there. I took a very brief look in, even the 2nd time, thinking I would 'get it' then, but didn't. My mother in law, on the other hand, thinks he's great.

Well, that is part of his act, to look a little "unusual". He even makes fun of himself.

I really like his interaction with the audience, sing-alongs, song trivia quizes, etc. He actually performs for approximately 3 hours non stop.

Hi, my mom and I are sailing on the Constellation March 31st, just wondering if anyone knows if Perry Grant will be sailing with us. I have been on other forums and everyone just raves about him!:)

We sailed the Connie in 2005 and absolutely adored perry. We did sit there for 3 hours every night he performed. I absolutely would book a cruise becuase he is on the ship but I'd have to be certain about his being there. I'm thinking about booking the Connie next winter. Does anyone know how i can find out if he'll be on the ship then.

Yes, Perry will be on ship thru 4/11 Transatlantic crossing, Vera & Joyce will both be in attendance also.

Check Perry out- New Year's 2008. He performs nightly in Michael's Club always has his "groupie's" present. I hope link will work for you. If you're lucky you may get a "pacifier", I won't spoil the surprise for you.

Ginny

Yes, Perry will be on ship thru 4/11 Transatlantic crossing, Vera & Joyce will both be in attendance also.

Check Perry out- New Year's 2008. He performs nightly in Michael's Club always has his "groupie's" present. I hope link will work for you. If you're lucky you may get a "pacifier", I won't spoil the surprise for you.

Ginny

Do you know if Perry will be back on after his vacation following the t/a?

We were just on a cruise 3 weeks ago and talked to Joyce. she said he is there for the crossing and then "We'll see." So maybe you can check with the cruise line directly. Perry did say that he has been in show biz for 30 years, so perhaps he's thinking of retirement.

Ginny

WE saw Perry on the Connie in '05 on cruise to Quebec. We thought he was terrific. I won second prize for his music quiz. We are sailing on the 5/17/08 Baltic cruise on the Connie. I hope he is back on board by then. We are certainly looking forward to seeing him again.

juice--we were on the Connie in January and went to Perry's show as many times as we could. On one of his last shows on the cruise he said that a DVD was in progress and soon would be released. Do you know anything about this? Would you know of any way we could order one?

Carolyn

Count us in as a couple who would cruise Connie because Perry is on board.

On the Feb 29-Mar 10 sailing, people started filling Michael's Club at 7 for a show that did not start till 7:45. It was standing room only for each of his performances and we were there for all of them as "the Dutch Couple";)

He is the only entertainer who actively seeks and gets (almost) total audience participation. He is not for everyone but those who "get it" would not think of missing one of his shows while on board. There is also a special bonding between the people who show up nightly for Perry's performance. I'm barely home and I'm already planning my cruising calendar based on reliving the special moments shared with friends in Michael's Club while Perry includes the audience in his act.

The shared laughter in that room is an event that is unique and cherished by repeat cruisers more than any other performer, port of call, or activity on board any ship afloat in the 100+ cruises that we have experienced.

Perry: Ik hou van jouw!

Archived