san juan / st thomas immigration ?

itsrikkig

If that is the port order, no, you will go through immigration upon your return to the first US port; which for the Splendour would be Fort Lauderdale.

yes that is the port order. immigration in st thomas was not bad at all during our last cruise. just the thought knowing we dont have to go thru it has made my day .. thank you

rikki

We've booked Carnival Glory for next year with an itinerary of Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. The schedule lists St. Thomas as a 10 a.m. arrival - does anyone know whether this is actual arrival time, or the time the ship clears Customs/Immigration?

What time are you supposed to leave Nassau? In January on the Caribbean Princess, we left Princess Cays at 4pm, had a sea day and got to St Maarten just shy of 11am. We had trouble maintaining the speed necessary to get into St Maarten by 8am because of the winds. Maybe they are building a little extra time into your schedule so people don't get disappointed if the ship is late. Nassau-St Thomas is only a little closer than Princess Cays-St Maarten.

Anyway, immigration at St Thomas is pretty painless anyway, and I'm sure Carnival is handled similarly to how Princess is, and you are given a landing card after seeing the passport control officers, so you can leave the ship promptly, instead of waiting for the whole ship to be cleared.

What time are you supposed to leave Nassau? In January on the Caribbean Princess, we left Princess Cays at 4pm, had a sea day and got to St Maarten just shy of 11am. We had trouble maintaining the speed necessary to get into St Maarten by 8am because of the winds. Maybe they are building a little extra time into your schedule so people don't get disappointed if the ship is late. Nassau-St Thomas is only a little closer than Princess Cays-St Maarten.

Anyway, immigration at St Thomas is pretty painless anyway, and I'm sure Carnival is handled similarly to how Princess is, and you are given a landing card after seeing the passport control officers, so you can leave the ship promptly, instead of waiting for the whole ship to be cleared.

my dh and i were on the valor in jan. all we had to do was show our sail card and passport. they ask us our room number and that was it, off the ship we went.

rikki

Archived