Anyone shop at the Coach outlet?

deb5217

I'm looking forward to visiting the outlet in Nassau. How are the prices? I was gifted a Coach bag from my son's last cruise and was told it was very reasonable. Not sure what island they got it from.

I believe the Coach store in Nassau is a full-price store, not an outlet store. You will find it useful to know your local prices and then you can compare the price for the same item in Nassau. Also keep in mind that there is no sales tax in the Bahamas so that can save some money as well.

There are Coach fakes available at the straw market in Nassau.

BobK/Orlando

Thanks for the inof. My husband will be thrilled that is it is a full price store. He knows I wouldn't pay full price for a Coach bag. I'll have to find out where my son got mine. It might have been P. Rico.

How far from the cruise dock is the store located? Can I walk to it?

Yes, you can walk to it. But it is NOT an outlet...it is a full priced store. The prices are the same as the U.S., but note you do not need to pay sales tax. So you get a discount right there! ;)

Yes, you can walk to it. But it is NOT an outlet...it is a full priced store. The prices are the same as the U.S., but note you do not need to pay sales tax. So you get a discount right there! ;)

Well, darn! I live in Oregon and we don't have sales tax here, so I guess I might as well just shop here at home. Thanks for the info, though.

Thanks for the inof. My husband will be thrilled that is it is a full price store. He knows I wouldn't pay full price for a Coach bag. I'll have to find out where my son got mine. It might have been P. Rico.

You could get a fake one at the straw market for about $25 bucks!

You could get a fake one at the straw market for about $25 bucks!

Wow! I just at the Straw Market 3/11 and bartered with 6 different vendors. I offered 1 vendor $120 for 3 Coach knockoffs and he practically ripped them from my arms and stated that I was trying to rob him. I eventually did find the same 3 bags from different vendors and after using my best bartering skills paid $35, $40 and $50.

Wow! I just at the Straw Market 3/11 and bartered with 6 different vendors. I offered 1 vendor $120 for 3 Coach knockoffs and he practically ripped them from my arms and stated that I was trying to rob him. I eventually did find the same 3 bags from different vendors and after using my best bartering skills paid $35, $40 and $50.

Yeah, it was pretty intense in there.

• 2 weeks later...
How "good" are the knock off bags at the market? And how are the prices? I am not a fashionista but would like to pick up a nice bag if the prices and quality are good.

My best advice to you is to shop around until you find the bag you want at the lowest price.

I got a pink Chanel bag for $20 bucks. Others were trying to get me to buy it from them at $40. So I shopped around and finally went back to the chick who told me $20.

It actually held up pretty well. I carried it around for awhile!

I'm excited to go back and get more! Ha :)

Well, darn! I live in Oregon and we don't have sales tax here, so I guess I might as well just shop here at home. Thanks for the info, though.

Same here in Alaska. I'm looking for steep discounts.

So where is this straw market anyway? I'm in need of some cheap, stylish shades to try out. My last Sean J's broke and they actually turned out to be more "stylish" than my expensive original Oakleys.

The purses are all the same price as the US stores, but no sales tax.

However, if you are looking for jewelry or watches they are the "duty free" prices so are a bit cheaper.

(I shopped in St Thomas and in St Marten)

They had a few different styles as well than I have seen here.

Headed to bahamas in April...will chech out the Coach store & Straw Market. Know the $$ here. Looking for the new sandels they have.

Was in San Juan last jan, love the Coach store there, got a beautiful "dots" camel colored leather bag for $200, 1/2 off

Headed to bahamas in April...will chech out the Coach store & Straw Market. Know the $$ here. Looking for the new sandels they have.

I know EXACTLY which sandals your are talking about. LOVE THEM!!!!!!!

Popped in to the Coach store to check it out. Definitely not an outlet. Most of the purses seemed to be $278 and $328. They had a couple on sale (on the 2nd floor) for $189. I didn't notice any sandals, but I wasn't really looking for them.

There was a husband and wife in the store and the wife was "trying on " the purses. Her husband says to the sales lady:

"How come those purses are $300 each and I can get a Coach purse at the straw market for $50?"

She just looked at him like he was a giant idiot! Didn't even bother to respond. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived