Hyatt Place vs Grande

salami

Solara, keep checking the "special rates" at Hyatt Pier 66. We booked it a couple of weeks ago for two nights (April 4-6) and I was surprised to get a deluxe tower room for $169/night. We could have gotten a standard garden room for $159/night. I think this is very reasonable considering it's spring break for a lot of schools.
Thanks jerseygirl I will keep checking since I have some time yet.

Has anyone stayed at the Grande ?

I looked at the pictures and the chairs look VERY UNCOMFORTABLE.

Gizmo, we stayed at the Grande in January '07 -- before the renovation. The rooms were a bit on the small side. Otherwise, we thought the location was perfect. We didn't care about being on the beach since we were cruising the Caribbean, but we loved being right on the waterway. We may stay there again this fall.

I'm not sure what chairs you mean. The chairs on the balcony were functional but were definitely not designed for lounging. I don't know about the furniture since the renovation.

Solara, keep checking the "special rates" at Hyatt Pier 66. We booked it a couple of weeks ago for two nights (April 4-6) and I was surprised to get a deluxe tower room for $169/night.

That's a great price! I'm looking in November, but the rates are much higher.

Bequia, thanks for the restaurant recommendations. ;)

Gizmo, we stayed at the Grande in January '07 -- before the renovation. The rooms were a bit on the small side. Otherwise, we thought the location was perfect. We didn't care about being on the beach since we were cruising the Caribbean, but we loved being right on the waterway. We may stay there again this fall.

I'm not sure what chairs you mean. The chairs on the balcony were functional but were definitely not designed for lounging. I don't know about the furniture since the renovation.

Thanks for the reply. The chairs I was referring to were in the room. There are pictures on the web site.

Archived