Princess Solo Bookings.

TTEllis

Greetings, I was just wondering if anyone had booked recently with Princess solo?? Im getting ready to book this falls cruise and was wondering by chance if cabins were still 200% straight up no breaks, no anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Todd

I've booked two solos w/Princess. The single supplement rate is usually @ 150% for inside and oceanview, 200% for higher categories. The singles rates appear to be comparable to most other mid market cruise lines.

Go to the Princess web site and do a faux booking for two p/cabin, then repeat for one p/cabin to view the difference. I usually book directly, then transfer to a TA if there's an agency discount.

Appreciate the feedback, Im looking at booking the Caribbean Princess for 14 days out of San Juan on 11/30 or The Emerald Princess 10 days out of FFL same date 11/30, I was hoping I could do better than the standard 200% for a balcony but I have a feeling Im going to have to pay it anyway. Kinda sucks, hey do you think it would help, hurt or make any difference at all to book now or wait till summer?? Thank you very much for your help Todd

:confused: Might be different as to ship or iteniary, but I was just solo on the Golden Princesss 7 day Mexican riv the first week of Feb this yaer, outside cost me double, as well as upcomming 22mar08, same thing, booked oceanview cost was double, less tax and fee of course. Did as Steven suggested, with thier site and then through private travel agent- same cost basis :cool:

Appreciate the feedback, Im looking at booking the Caribbean Princess for 14 days out of San Juan on 11/30 or The Emerald Princess 10 days out of FFL same date 11/30, I was hoping I could do better than the standard 200% for a balcony but I have a feeling Im going to have to pay it anyway. Kinda sucks, hey do you think it would help, hurt or make any difference at all to book now or wait till summer?? Thank you very much for your help Todd

I just sailed the CB itinerary on Crown last month. Although I booked nine months out, the fares never dropped. It's a very popular itinerary. If you're fussy about cabin selection (I am) you'd best book it early. From observation, the only fare drops are very near sailing and are usually only offered to Puerto Rico residents for the last few cabins. Pretty much as the cruise lines do when sailing from Florida ports.

BTW - Even when you book the 14 day CB trip as a single cruise, you still receive Captain's Circle membership benefit credit for two cruises. I realized a small discount by booking that way. The fare for the two weeks was less than the cumulative when booked separately.

I loved that cruise - fourteen days with only two sea days.:) Most of the ports are great for water sports, especially diving/snorkeling.

I have two booked solo on Princess, and I am contemplating changing my one from Celebrity to Princess.

I thought I got a good deal this summer, and now I realize solos are only paying about 33% more on that cruise. Unfortunately, the Asia one is not a deal solo. It is 200%.

Right now I am on Celebrity for South America at Christmas, but I saw where Princess is only about 38% extra for the solo on that one. Unfortunately I don't always double check, and I assume they are 200% or I would have booked Princess to begin with on that cruise.

I just sailed the CB itinerary on Crown last month. Although I booked nine months out, the fares never dropped. It's a very popular itinerary. If you're fussy about cabin selection (I am) you'd best book it early. From observation, the only fare drops are very near sailing and are usually only offered to Puerto Rico residents for the last few cabins. Pretty much as the cruise lines do when sailing from Florida ports.

BTW - Even when you book the 14 day CB trip as a single cruise, you still receive Captain's Circle membership benefit credit for two cruises. I realized a small discount by booking that way. The fare for the two weeks was less than the cumulative when booked separately.

I loved that cruise - fourteen days with only two sea days.:) Most of the ports are great for water sports, especially diving/snorkeling.

Hey Pal, I really appreciate the advice, hey just one more question if you were to book a balcony(not mini) on the Caribbean Princess where would you book it?? I gotta have a balcony but I cant swing a mini, any help on cabin selection would be appreciated, Im gonna book one of those cruises by the end of the month really gonna try and do the CB out of San Juan. Thanks again Todd

Hey Pal, I really appreciate the advice, hey just one more question if you were to book a balcony(not mini) on the Caribbean Princess where would you book it?? I gotta have a balcony but I cant swing a mini, any help on cabin selection would be appreciated, Im gonna book one of those cruises by the end of the month really gonna try and do the CB out of San Juan. Thanks again Todd

Afraid I'm not much help. My only Princess balcony was on GP. We were on Aloha deck forward, near the stairs. The balcony was very small, barely enough space for a couple chairs and small table. But it was perfect for drying snorkel gear. :p

Now that I'm sailing solo I dry my snorkel gear in the shower. I'm afraid there's not much room there, either. That's something you'll miss: the mini bathroom.

Cabin location preference varies a lot. I have an affinity for Lido deck and Aloha was just one deck down, that would be Riviera on CB. However, if the balcony size is important, you may want a lower deck.

Regardless of which cabin you've got to love the itinerary, especially the Classic voyage.

I see they've replaced St Kitts with Dominica on the Explorer voyage. The port times will change, too. St Kitts was 7AM - 3PM, it's replacement, Dominica, will be 9AM - 6PM.

Grenada is being extended: It was 9AM - 2PM, it will be 7AM - 2PM.

A ship tip: Horizon Terrace is a great sailaway location. The night time sailaway from San Juan is exceptional with the transition from the city's lights then rounding El Morro Point. It's good stuff.

Enjoy.:)

I cant believe you noticed Princess switched St. Kitts with Dominica, why in the world would they do that, I just got back fom St. Kitts and absolutely LOVED it. I've never been to Dominica and by what I've read on these boards it hasnt been very positive. I loved everything about that itinerary except no St. Kitts, Im keeping my fingers crossed they switch it back between now and when I sail, good luck huh??!! Thanks again Todd

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned fromt the CB Eastern itinerary. If interested, just posted a detailed review. Very mixed experience as a solo to say the least. I booked a balcony cabin about 6 months before hand and paid about 180%. Caribe deck I am told has the biggest balcony (was at least twice the size of RCL) it is also half covered which was nice. Had 4 chairs which could reccline, a decent sized table and still room to walk around a bit. Frankly it was my favorite part of the trip!

Greetings, I was just wondering if anyone had booked recently with Princess solo?? Im getting ready to book this falls cruise and was wondering by chance if cabins were still 200% straight up no breaks, no anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Todd

Check out net travel agent advertizers on CC. Holland and Princess are the only two I've found that offer less than 200% SS. I frequently see them advertized at about 38%. A few weeks ago Princess had a Mexican Riviera for 3% SS. It pays to look around.

Good luck.

Winnie

Check out net travel agent advertizers on CC. Holland and Princess are the only two I've found that offer less than 200% SS. I frequently see them advertized at about 38%. A few weeks ago Princess had a Mexican Riviera for 3% SS. It pays to look around.

Good luck.

Winnie

Hey Thanks alot Todd

Archived