shore excursion pay question

latterdayesther

Does Celebrity charge you immediately for shore excursions booked in advance of your cruise, or can you reserve a spot on an excursion and pay for it at the end of your cruise on your shipboard account?

Thanks!

Esther :)

Hi latterdayesther :)

We usually don't book shore excursions in advance, but did for our Baltic Cruise to Russia on Constellation in 2006 to insure that we got exactly what we wanted in St Petersburg, Russia. When I booked those shore excursion on Celebrity's website, they were charged to our credit card as soon as I booked them. Then when we received our cruise docs from Celebrity, they were listed as a paid item.

If you book on line before the cruise, you pay for it with your credit card immediately. But, reading the policies, it looks like you can change your mind and get a refund any time before the excursion "closes" on the ship (24-48 hours before the excursion...when they need the final count).

If you book on-line before you depart it will be charged immediately to your credit card which you have to supply when making the booking. If you cancel before you sail your credit card will be credited. After sailing I believe it is credited to your sea pass. At least that's what happened when our pre-booked excursions were canceled due to weather and a late arrival.

Once onboard any excursions you book will be charged to your sea pass account.

Archived