Astoria Ft Clatsop tour

Hi Esther,

I'm wondering about doing this tour too, and I'm also suprised at the lack of responses. It looks like it might be interesting, but I always like to get some feedback from those who have gone there and done that.

Anybody?

We went there in 2005 on a Pacific NW cruise. It was on a ship tour that went to the Astoria Column and the museum. We enjoyed it, especially the column and tour around town. The fort burned down after we went, but it was rebuilt. We have pictures of it and comments in our review on our website www.thepreismans.com .

The tour is totally cool we love to go and are there several times a year. I just checked and its not listed on the local bus route. http://www.ridethebus.org.

You can call them to double check and see if they add a stop there during cruise season.

Be sure to look at the visitor info page alot of these are walking distance from your boat.

http://www.oldoregon.com/visitor-info/

And be sure to do the river walk or ride the trolley. ($1 a ride or $2 unlimited) Its fun for the kids to see all the huge sea lions on the docks at the end of the ride. You can't miss them you will hear them way before you arrive. :)

And the Columbia Maritime Museum is a don't miss its a easy walk or a trolly ride also.

http://www.oldoregon.com/visitor-info/columbia-river-maritime-museum

• 3 weeks later...

Mike & Carol,

Thanks so much for your link and for all of the info and great pictures! I was going to venture out on my own, but I think I would really like to see the column in Astoria and not be huffing and puffing up the hill! :rolleyes:

What a wonderful website you have-I really enjoyed your detailed comments and photographs.

We are looking forward to our Pacific Coastal on the Mercury in a couple of weeks. :D

Kathy/latterdayesther

Kathy,

Thank you for your nice comments on our reviews. I am glad you have enjoyed them and that they have helped in your cruise planning. The ship tours in Astoria are very reasonable and it will help you to see a lot more of the many sights in this lovely coastal town. Have a great cruise.

Archived