Life vest question...

I hope this isn't a dumb question (I know there are no dumb questions, I am a teacher).. however should I bring my own life vest for my DD who is 3. We boat often at home so we do have one that she is accustomed to. What do you think? Of course it would be one more thing to bring :-)

TIA

I'm not exactly sure where you want the life vest for, if it's for on the ship... i wouldn't bring it. If you plan on going on excursion which require life vests, I do bring my DD11's with. I just feel more comfortable with the fit and I know it's up to regulations.

Galileeview

Children's life vests must be coast guard approved, and the ship will provide one for you while onboard. If you are going to use it for swimming while ashore, then, by all means bring it along.

David

They have small children's vests. If it isn't already in your cabin, just ask your steward for it and they will get it pronto.

Sometimes they have a hard time finding small sized life vests in time, but if they dont have it right away for the muster drill you could tell him you still want it in your cabin.

Went to the muster drill and my DD had the wrong size life jacket... the person in charge of muster, pointed to her, said something to another person, and before we were back in our room, the right size jacket was on our bed.

Galileeview

If the thought crossed your mind, then by all means do it. We do for excursions only.

Sometimes the one size fits many doesnt work, so if you have a life jacket that fits well i wouldnt hesitate.

We took our DDs (3 & 4 yrs.) last year. They haven't learned to swim yet, so we used them in the pool on the ship and on shore! It made things alot easier. They loved being in the big pool with everyone else!

Archived