How come so few Celebrity CC Group Cruises?

Boo's Mom

Hi Boo's Mom ~ we just finished the very first Cruise Critic group cruise on Celebrity. One reason I think there aren't a lot on Celebrity is that they do take a lot of work and time on the part of the person deciding to "host" the group. For this cruise, Host Joe and I worked together to share the work load. Other than that, I'm not sure why there hasn't been any before now.

Host Joe and I are planning on doing at least one each year. In 2009, we have already scheduled the Solstice for a back to back sailing (March 15 and March 22). You can choose to sail one week or both. I'm not sure what will follow after that but we may begin to venture out and try a cruise beyond the Caribbean. As we make decisions, we'll post them on the boards.

Hi Boo's Mom ~ we just finished the very first Cruise Critic group cruise on Celebrity.

Host Joe and I are planning on doing at least one each year.

As we make decisions, we'll post them on the boards.

Host Joe and Host Anne did a terrific job of organizing this past cruise on Constellation. A great itinerary contributed to the fun and now...with the refund of the fuel surcharge...Wow! I'm so glad I went on this cruise!

Thanks again Anne & Joe. Looking forward to sailing on one of "your" trips again!

We are a group of 6 who just completed the Constellation CC Group Cruise and it was wonderful. I can understand what Host Anne states about it being a lot of work to organize. Both she and Host Joe did a stupendous job. I would also like to see more CC Group Cruises happen but realize that it takes a lot of work. Here's hoping there will be more in the future!

Archived