Price drop question

I just booked RCI Navigator of the Seas....two rooms a D1 balcony and an across the hall inside cabin for my kids. Do the drops happen automatically, or do we have to request them? Is the price dropping a comman thing? We are booked for Aug 20th 2005...was wondering if there is actually a posibility we may get even a better rate.

If you have a proactive travel agent, they'll take care of this for you.

If you don't, then you need to check pricing every couple of weeks or so (or more often), and contact them and request that they follow through on this.

Where would I find this info? On the RCI site? Does this happen on most cruises? I thought booking si far ahead gauranteed getting the best prices? I am confused.

Does your travel agent have a web site? If not keep an eye on the Royals web page and price your sailing with your category.

When we sailed the Voyager we booked a year out and never once saw the price come down. By the time we cruised it was 250pp higher then what we paid.

Good luck

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

This may sound stupid, but I'll ask it anyway. In order to get a credit for a price reduction, the online agency where I booked would be where I would watch, right? In other words, when I booked for our September 2005 cruise with bestpricecruises, it was $111 pp cheaper than Carnival. Therefore, if Carnival drops their rate, it's not going to do me any good unless it drops below the $111 pp that I paid? Do the online agencies drop their prices when the Cruise Lines do? Am I making sense?

Cindy

Archived