Sivermoon Review

Jeanine&Jim

Ok, can someone explain what the day involves??

How much will it be like Eli's Eco tour and the Cosol's tour in St Lucia? I know they are different island and different tours, but are they basically the same??

It will not be anything like Cosol's tour at all. A 100% completely different experience. The only similarity is that you can get beer and snorkel on both.

Silver moon is a Catamaran day sail - on a boat. You are picked up at the cruise terminal, taken about a mile or so to a small marina. They collect your shoes (it is barefoot only on this sailing). You board the boat and receive some brief instructions on safety and boat procedures. They you can spread out and relax. They motor out of the harbor then turn off the engines and raise the sails and sail to their first stop where you can swim with giant sea turtles. One of the crew will feed them to attract them for you to see. Then they sail to the second stop for some snorkeling. There is both a sunken ship and a reef to snorkel around. At times both the turtle stop and the snorkeling is in congested areas as these two stops are very popular in Barbados. Silver Moon tries to arrive when crowds are low, but on 2 out of three trips it has been crowded at these stops.

They then set sail for the third and final stop. They will anchor for a couple hours at a very scenic spot off shore for lunch and swimming. All the time they serve great drinks - their own recipe for a great rum punch, pina coladas, beer and probably some other drinks (those are all I've had). Lunch includes flying fish fillets, at least one other entree and a few side dishes - all very good. After lunch is a great time to take dive off the boat and take a swim - they had some water tubes to use a floats as well. Then you sail back to the harbor.

What makes this trip special is the uncrowded boat, nice crew, good food and drink and a pretty relaxing day. There are lots of swim with the turtles and snorkel excursions in Barbados and they all go to the same two spots for those two activities. What sets them apart is what the do before and after as well as the quality of the boat and crew and how many people the put on what size of a boat. Silver Moon is my favorite day sail excursion in Barbados.

I'll chime in as well...we just returned yesterday from the Crown Princess, and we sailed with Ben & Dexter on Silver Moon on April 21st. I can't recommend it highly enough! The cat is kept in pristine condition, the crew is friendly and helpful, and with only 12 passengers, you can mingle or have private space at your preference. The catered lunch was great as well. My wife and I had what I can only describe as a perfect day. I'll write a full review within the week.

Last year we did the Silver Moon (for the second time!!) and also Eli's Eco Tour on Antigua. While, we enjoyed our day with Eli, there really is no comparison. There is just something special about the Silver Moon...so much that we are booking her again for this December. On Antigua, we are trying to find an excursion to Prickly Pear Island. Has anyone done that??

Archived