World Club Desk

Liz 130

I need some advice from other World Club members about getting a response from the World Club Desk. I have called twice and put my question in writing and still don't have an answer. Do they just delete correspondence? Am I the only one who has encountered this problem?

Should I ask to speak to a certain person? I can't believe Cunard's service could be this bad.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Liz

I need some advice from other World Club members about getting a response from the World Club Desk. I have called twice and put my question in writing and still don't have an answer. Do they just delete correspondence? Am I the only one who has encountered this problem?

Should I ask to speak to a certain person? I can't believe Cunard's service could be this bad.

Liz

Hi,

Im not sure of your enquiry but when i call my query is always dealt with immediately (cant think of the Ladies name) I have had dealings in the past with Sue West, maybe you could try her ,not sure if she is still there.

I dont think e-mail is always a good idea.

Hope this helps.

Gavin

Liz

I can. The US WC people never seem to answer email. I've had pretty good luck calling them. If you don't get a satisfactory answer when you call, ask the person to put you on hold while he/she asks someone who might know. Or ask the person to put you through to a supervisor.

Alternatively, is it something your TA can help with?

Kathy

Anytime lv made contact with them Sue has phoned me back and l wouldnt even say my enquiries were just so important, but it did give me a chance to mention a few things.

My only problem is my past two issues of the Cunarder havent arrived, granted its probably not worth reading, But that isnt the point

Cheers

Myles

Thank you Gavin and Kathy for your quick replies.

I have already been put on hold twice while the rep that answered the phone asked a supervisor - who didn't know the answer to my question. They assured me that they would get an answer and get back to me -- I'm still waiting....

I'll post the question here - maybe someone will know the answer.

We will be sailing on the March 20th Easter weekend four day cruise - my question is what world club benefits are we entitled to on a cruise that is less than a week? Doesn't seem that diffucult a question.

Thank you Gavin and Kathy for your quick replies.

I have already been put on hold twice while the rep that answered the phone asked a supervisor - who didn't know the answer to my question. They assured me that they would get an answer and get back to me -- I'm still waiting....

I'll post the question here - maybe someone will know the answer.

We will be sailing on the March 20th Easter weekend four day cruise - my question is what world club benefits are we entitled to on a cruise that is less than a week? Doesn't seem that diffucult a question.

And what is your membership level?

My husband and I are Platinum - my two sons are gold.

The reason I posed the question was that in the FAQ section it implies that not all benefits are available on cruises less than five days (vague) so I wanted to know what was not honored. What's your guess?

My husband and I are Platinum - my two sons are gold.

The reason I posed the question was that in the FAQ section it implies that not all benefits are available on cruises less than five days (vague) so I wanted to know what was not honored. What's your guess?

No internet and perhaps limited functions.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the Easter getaway - There was a note in our stateroom on arrival which listed the benefits available on this cruise.

For those interested - the internet package and discount on dry cleaning was available. There was no wine tasting or cocktail reception.

It was a lovely weekend get away - and it was so nice to be on this ship again.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Liz

Liz

Liz,

I am Diamond Cunard world club status and, quite frankly, do not have much good to say about CWC.

I receive no email notifications about promotions nor do I receive the Cunarder magazine. I have sent several emails to CWC apprising them of the situation and have had no replies. I have called CWC twice and have been assured that the situation will be corrected. Still, no magazine, no email notifications.

Ironically, a friend whom I introduced to Cunard and who made only 1 voyage receives regular email notifications and the Cunard magazine.

I have several future bookings, including QE2's farewell NY departure, a QE2 European cruise and a 68 day segment of the Queen Victoria world cruise. The lack of responsiveness from Cunard/CWC, in spite of my repeated requests, compels me to consider other cruiseline options. I will not cancel QE2, but I am most likely going to cancel everything remaining.

I hope whoever at Cunard monitors these boards, and I have been told that they do, is reading this. Shame on Cunard for treating loyal passengers so shabbily.

Good luck, Liz.

Bobby

Unfortunately, it seems that CWC ignores many requests. What I found particuarly annoying was having their representative read their website to me. When past passengers know more about the Cunard line than the employees of the company- it's a sad state of affairs.

We have traveled with our children on Cunard for the last eight years. Our sons are now adults - and making their own decisions about what cruise lines and airlines to spend their money on - I wonder if they will choose Cunard.

If the treatment they experience as past passengers is an indicator - I doubt it.

Liz

Archived