How often do new ships offer special reduced rates?

I am in the process of booking with the new Carnival Valor ship in March '05. Since it's a new ship, I'm wondering if they are going to offer any type of special rates. Does anyone have any advice-should I just book now-or do you think they might offer any specials???---Thanks!

We booked the 4/3/05 sailing on the Valor and we thought the price was extremely reasonable. (855pp for a balcony)
Alot of the the other ships we were looking at for that time slot were $100pp higher (some even more than that)
Check around and see if other ships of similar size on other lines are competitive. We checked out the Voyager, Navigator, several Princess ships etc. and we felt the Valor was fairly inexpensive.

Good Luck!

Donna

I am currently looking into booking the Valor for 3/13/05 and the prices seem a little high just for oceanview (839). So I don't really want to book right now in hopes that the prices might go do down a little. Do you think that I should take that price now because they are probably going to go up the closer we get, or do you think they might drop?

I just priced an oceanview guarantee on line at 808.pp
That was checking just one site (usually one of the lowest). Which isn't too bad. Since you want to go 3/13, you are hitting spring break which is going to shoot the prices up the closer you get to sailing.
If you have to go in March, then book it!

Have fun,
Donna

Yes I have to go in March-that's my 1 week break from school. As much as I hate those high prices of going during "spring break" I enjoy the Caribbean weather at that time of year and it adds a nice break to that time of the year (Michigan winters suck!). I am just going to keep my fingers crossed and surf the web every few days to see what I can find. What website did you find your low fares through? Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Archived