Fleece-style Cruising on the Gem

Ides of March

• Administrators
You know, I normally don't reply to anything nor do I post because I can't stand the cheer leaders on any board! However I just want to say I have the same impression of NCL and I have a very simple way I deal with it. I don't sail with them any more! After the last cruise with them where a multitude of issues arose where I told my bh that I wouldn't want to come between this cruise line and a buck! For all those who want my credentials yeh yeh Princess Elite/ NCL Latitudes etc. enough said . Bottom line I resonated with your post, keep telling it like it is and just ignore the cheer leaders! I do!!

Hm. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=12209786#post12209786

Forget your own words? You had "multitudes of issues" with NCL on the cruise you described in this link?

You either need to post a LOT more, or furnish a lot more information in your posts. Funnily enough, none of your other posts are about Princess. <ponder>

When we are talking about personal impressions, credibility is queen/king.

Is anything ever perfect? Attitude makes a world of difference. I can say that most land vacations have issues too but why let it ruin a VACATION? I may have a moment of annoyance when I expect a certain thing and it does not go my way but the bottom line here is I can not believe a person no matter who he/she is feels entitled to break the established rules and LOOKS to find ALL things negative then expects understanding and support! May be that he IS laughing his butt off at all the chatter created. I wish the squeaky wheel did not get the grease. Reward those who look for the balance and try to have the positive out weigh the negative! My view... certainly some things will not be to your liking or go perfectly but enough things will! Sometimes we don't even notice because we get so wrapped up in negatives. Vacation-Relax-Enjoy! Anyone can have a bad experience on any cruiseline. Anyone can choose to have a good experience too! I will be having a good one real soon!

Well I can't wait to go "get fleeced" on the Gem tomorrow! :D And I will have a fantastic time as it happens. LOL

Have a great cruise you will love the Gem and her great Crew, I'm so Jealous! Do try the Asian restaurant if you get the chance it was great:)

Hm. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=12209786#post12209786

Forget your own words? You had "multitudes of issues" with NCL on the cruise you described in this link?

You either need to post a LOT more, or furnish a lot more information in your posts. Funnily enough, none of your other posts are about Princess. <ponder>

When we are talking about personal impressions, credibility is queen/king.

Thanks Michell, I was wondering the same thing. ?????

We take lots of cruises on many different cruiselines and always pay to take a cab to a beach. We have never been given free transportation.

How can you blame the cruiseline for the yacht race being canceled? Obviously, it is less expensive to book your own excursions privately. However, the ship will not wait if you are late getting back unless you have booked an excursion through the ship. Private excursions are great bargains when you have a late departure time.

Haven't we all taken excursions at one time or another that we wish we hadn't booked. That's life. What one person enjoys somebody else might hate. We all have different tastes. There are islands that I would prefer to skip but I don't makeup the itinerary. Sometimes we have to take the good with the bad.

A cruise is what you make of it. I have favorite ships and favorite cruises but I don't regret any vacation--even the ones where everything seems to go wrong. I guess we all have to learn how to turn those lemons into lemonade.

Can't wait to sail on NCL Gem in January! I love driving to the cruise terminal in Manhattan. Cape Liberty was in chaos on our last cruise--too many people and not enough buses.

. No class. Cheap. so we salvaged a full liter of Scotch .

If one had access to such a map, you would know if a tour is necessary or not. a free shuttle would be appropriate if they can’t place you near the advertised destination. As a protest against NCL’s booze policy we cancelled on of the $10 per day “service charges”

Ides.

I think it's spelled Idiot....but my spell-checker isn't working. :rolleyes:

Archived