Just off the Sensation (yesterday) any questions?

vancouver549

Just got home yesterday from a wonderful 3 day cruise on the Sensation and I have to say it has changed alot since I first sailed on it back in '94 when it was brand new (I guess I have too :)

I will write a review soon but, just wanted to see if anyone had any specific questions that need answering...

~Tammy

Just got home yesterday from a wonderful 3 day cruise on the Sensation and I have to say it has changed alot since I first sailed on it back in '94 when it was brand new (I guess I have too :)

I will write a review soon but, just wanted to see if anyone had any specific questions that need answering...

~Tammy

Well not really a specific question, but what cruises have you been on before this one? I am only asking because I have been on two cruises, a 5-day and an 8-day last month. I am thinking about booking the Sensation for a 4-day Bahamas in April, and I am wondering how it compares to longer cruises. Since I just got back from an 8-day, is a 4-day going to fly by too quick? I still feel that I will have fun and I have never been to Nassau so that would be cool.

Another stupid question; are there a lot of photo sessions? We enjoy taking a lot of pictures so I am wondering if they still have a lot of opportunities on the older boats/shorter cruises.

Lastly, how was it? I know you are working on a review, but overall did you enjoy it?

Thanks!

Shane Arsenault

Well not really a specific question, but what cruises have you been on before this one? I am only asking because I have been on two cruises, a 5-day and an 8-day last month. I am thinking about booking the Sensation for a 4-day Bahamas in April, and I am wondering how it compares to longer cruises. Since I just got back from an 8-day, is a 4-day going to fly by too quick? I still feel that I will have fun and I have never been to Nassau so that would be cool.

Another stupid question; are there a lot of photo sessions? We enjoy taking a lot of pictures so I am wondering if they still have a lot of opportunities on the older boats/shorter cruises.

Lastly, how was it? I know you are working on a review, but overall did you enjoy it?

Thanks!

Shane Arsenault

I was just on this cruise a few weeks ago myself and I can help answer if the OP doesn't mind. I can tell you that we did a 7 day and an 8 day before we did the 4 day Sensation and it wasn't enough time for us but I can tell you that we had an awesome trip and loved everything about this cruise. I recently posted a review on here and in the review section. We loved this cruise so very much. As for photo sessions there are tons of opportunities and the photogs are really fun and happy. The ports are nice. There is not a ton to do in Freeport but hang at the beach but so worth it. In nassau we did Atlantis and it was wonderful. Either way Nassau was beautiful. I think that you would enjoy yourself.

Hi Tammy...

Is there a formal night on a 3 nighter? Some say it's usually the day at sea, but since that's the last night of the cruise, others say they won't do formal night at all..

Just curious...

Thanks!

Anthony:D

• 5 weeks later...
Hi Tammy...

Is there a formal night on a 3 nighter? Some say it's usually the day at sea, but since that's the last night of the cruise, others say they won't do formal night at all..

Just curious...

Thanks!

Anthony:D

We booked the Sensation for August last night and the CVP that helped DH said the 3 day formal night is the second night.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a formal night on a 3 nighter?

We would also like to know when the formal night is on the 3 night cruise to Naussau. I hope it is not the second because that is when we are docked in Nassau.

Also which shows/ entertainers were on the three night itenerary?

Thanks in Advance

We would also like to know when the formal night is on the 3 night cruise to Naussau. I hope it is not the second because that is when we are docked in Nassau.

Also which shows/ entertainers were on the three night itenerary?

Thanks in Advance

Hi Mike - formal night is the second (Nassau) night. If it's any conciliation, the PRIME RIB/LOBSTER menu is on the first night - at least it has been this way on our last several Sensation sailings.

There is a fairly good production show on the (memory lapse) second - more likely 3rd night.

See you in 3 weeks!

Tom

Hi Mike - formal night is the second (Nassau) night.

See you in 3 weeks!

Tom

That's what I was afraid of... I think we will be missing formal night as we plan on spending the evening out at Atlantis.

Thanks!

Shane Arsenault

HI, thought I would add my 2-cents, as I am just off the 4-day sensation a few weeks ago. Plenty of photo opps. A few times we did seek a photographer out, but no problem finding one. And they were never too pesty either. I have a review still circulating with lots of pics, so you may want to check it out to get more sensation info. I don't have a lot to compare to as I was a first time cruiser, but not every member of my family is easy to please, and each one had an awesome time. Happy Sailing!

That's what I was afraid of... I think we will be missing formal night as we plan on spending the evening out at Atlantis.

Ya know the formal night is good because it's fun to get dressed up and the lobster & prime rib is great, but if you're worried about food not being as good the other nights, don't be (IMO). I loved the food on those nights as much if not more than the formal. I didn't go to the Atlantis but I heard it was very nice, so enjoy your time there and on the Sensation. I sure did!!

I was just on this cruise a few weeks ago myself and I can help answer if the OP doesn't mind. I can tell you that we did a 7 day and an 8 day before we did the 4 day Sensation and it wasn't enough time for us but I can tell you that we had an awesome trip and loved everything about this cruise. I recently posted a review on here and in the review section. We loved this cruise so very much. As for photo sessions there are tons of opportunities and the photogs are really fun and happy. The ports are nice. There is not a ton to do in Freeport but hang at the beach but so worth it. In nassau we did Atlantis and it was wonderful. Either way Nassau was beautiful. I think that you would enjoy yourself.

Just wanted to throw out a quick HELLO to Tali and thank you again. WE just got back from the Sensation a few weeks ago. You answered several of this first time cruisers questions, and your review was ever so helpful as well. It was so great knowing what to expect, but of course we were in AWE. We loved our cruise!

~Tammy

How were the waves, did you experience any extreme rocking & rolling like I did a few weeks ago on the Sensation?

Archived