Latitudes # for children?

ma_t_gus

I believe kids under 18 don't get the benefits of Latitudes, which is too bad. Really, we are bringing up the new generation of cruisers. Ours would be gold members by the time they are 18, and I think if they were to decide to decide to cruise on their own by then, they should be treated as such.

The cruise lines should really think about including kids, as they are the ones that are going to take us on their cruise!!!

My daughter who is 3.5 yrs old has been on 3 NCL cruises and has a number but was told she wouldn't be a registered Lats member until she was 18.

Not sure what that is all about esp. if she is now considered a 2nd, 3rd etc etc person in cabin.....

I know the 2 cruises she was on when she was under 2 she wasn't charged cruise fare so those probably don't count..

Kids are assigned a Lattitudes number.

There has been past discussions regarding whether or not the cruises taken as a minor count towards the Lattitudes level or the count starts fresh when they turn 18.

Needless to say, there was not a final answer and no one knew for sure. :D

Needless to say, there was not a final answer and no one knew for sure. :D

I actually called the lattitudes desk and spoke to a lattitudes rep a few weeks ago. Even she couldn't give me a straight answer:rolleyes:

To the OP: All passengers, including children, are assigned lattitudes numbers. Be sure to check that the numbers they were assigned for this cruise are the same as their lattitudes/client id numbers from your previous cruise. My DH and children were assigned new numbers for our upcoming cruise. My TA had to call NCL to update their info.

If the same client ID/Latitudes number is used for all of the cruises your children take, those cruises will be applied to their Latitudes level when they start sailing as an adult. One mistake parents make is not worrying about keeping the same number for their kids for each cruise, figuring it doesn't matter.

Keep in mind that their Latitudes designation will not appear until they are adults.

If the same client ID/Latitudes number is used for all of the cruises your children take, those cruises will be applied to their Latitudes level when they start sailing as an adult. One mistake parents make is not worrying about keeping the same number for their kids for each cruise, figuring it doesn't matter.

Keep in mind that their Latitudes designation will not appear until they are adults.

That makes sense. Thanks for this info!

I switched our cabin yesterday and my children were reassigned new numbers again! My TA called NCL for a second time and had them give them back their actual numbers. Parents: Be sure to check your children's lattitude numbers each time you cruise with NCL!

This year RCCL changed their policy and your children are the same C&A status that you are. It is a very nice thing that RCCL does. My kids get their own coupon book on board with their name on it. So when my kids are 18 they will automaticly become Diamond members, instead of starting all over again. Maybe NCL we eventually change their policy.

Archived