No Seniors & No Kids???

IWanttocruisenow

The 55+ segment is a huge source of customers for the cruiselines, so I can't see this as a realistic option.

However, I am thinking a music themed cruise such as the Rock Boat, Ships and Dips, or the MayerCraft Carrier, probably does draw a mainly 25-55 demographic. That's probably about as close as you're going to get.

Hmm, not to flame the OP however there are some "Senile" citizens that are a blast to hang with.. While I currently fit into the OP's age range, )Not by much:D ) I have some very good friends that are above the upper limit.. We have a blast!! Now I may agree with loosing the under 30 crowd but they too can be fun to party with..

I agree with another poster that mentioned a rockers cruise, that might keep the riff-raff out... Good luck on your search..

Hey CB at Sea..

Come on up to the following thread and we can chat..

Ten reason to stop cruising with RCCL/MOS (merged)

It is in the floataway lounge..

(We seem to be from the same area of the world)

Note, this thread is a tongue in cheek thread with over 48K posts.. Please read some before you post to see what we are about...

See you there...

How about doing a cruise with 40 and over? (Get rid of the younger crowd)

Oh now PMFAN... While some of the "younger" crowd can be well behaved and responsable, it is fun at times to watch those that are not, totally make hind ends of themselves...

Seriously, a cruise is meant to be fun and relaxing... If all have fun at no one elses expense, then all are welcome..

However no matter what the age of the person is, if they are royal pain in the hind parts, then no one has a fun time... And that is a bad thing...

Anyone interested in a cruise without kids or seniors?

"Must be between the ages of 25 and 55" sounds good.

I always seem to wind up on a cruise with either too many children or too many seniors. There has to be a happy medium somewhere.

Where are you going to find a shipfull people in that age group with no kids or the ability to travel with or without their kids who want to go on the same cruise at the same time?

I am soon to be 39 and I don't particularly want to travel with a bunch of folks younger than me. There are a select few who don't still act like they are at a college frat party all the time but this is coming from a person who likes hanging out with her dad and gramma! (They are cool!)

I would prefer the 40-plus cruise! That is if they will let this 30-something gal have a pass.... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps, you are unaware, of the fact, that AARP considers anyone, over the age of 50 a SENIOR!!! If you are looking, to avoid kids, and who isn't, with the exception of other cruisers, with children, it's best to book, around the summer months. However, the best dinner table mates one could get, is a mix of 30 somethings, 40 somethings-80+. A mix, is the best, with a table reserved, for 8-10.....What line, did you cruise, that you had all those seniors and children??? What month did you cruise??

• 3 weeks later...

I have had more fun with "senile seniors" than "silly kids"... I remember one cruise when all us "oldsters" ganged up on the kids and chased them away from the pool slides and had a ball... So I like a mixture of cruisers (except crying babies). Makes for a more fun time.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a tablemate who was well over the 55 mark (I was about 35 at the time) and she was a quite a character. She drank me and my friend under the table and when she won a bunch of money at Atlantis - you know what she did? She found us and gave us each $50 in chips (we had already lost ours - grrr). She was also in the night club one evening jammin' with the band and dancing with the singer during the show. She was trip!

I don't know if I want to get rid of the seniors. That ladies has got to be in her 70's now. I have a feeling she's still a living it up.

Archived