Beer me....

lucyspals

Has anyone ever taken beer on a cruise before? I think we can put it in our checked lugguage. Is that true?

I have heard of several times this has happened. Yes in checked luggage. If you try to carry on it will not make it. I could be found in checked and if so will be confiscated. I have also heard you can bring it on in ports much easier? Have not done that myself, YET.;)

Enjoy your cruise!

YES! You'll be fine. I just brought two 18 packs on our last cruise in a suitcase. Just be sure to tip the baggage porter a little extra and you'll be fine. Yep, that's right I broke the rules and smuggled alcohol! Argghhhh! Flame away.

Come October I'm gonna be picking up some cans from Oskar Blues Brewery (probably Old Chub with a little Ten Fidy) so I've got some quality beer to enjoy on my balcony. I'll probably pick up a bomber or two of something nice and Belgian (St. Bernardus 12 if I find it the night before) and carry those on instead of wine.

I took three 18 packs of coors light plastic bottles. The boxes had plastic liners so you could dump ice in. I just broke the boxes down, and put all of it in one suitcase, and my clothes in the other. Worked great, our steward kept them iced for us.

The only pain was constantly needing to walk back to the room to get them. Now I just take rum and carry it around in a plastic travel flask (available at ABC Liquors). That way every glass of punch is a foo-foo drink in the making.

YES! You'll be fine. I just brought two 18 packs on our last cruise in a suitcase. Just be sure to tip the baggage porter a little extra and you'll be fine. Yep, that's right I broke the rules and smuggled alcohol! Argghhhh! Flame away.
:confused: :confused: The baggage porter that takes your luggage from you dockside only transfers the luggage to the dunnage carts. He has nothing to do with any screening of the luggage.

I have nothing against tipping the porter. But, I don't believe it will increase the chances of luggage containing any contraband making it past the screening process.

JMHO,

Charlie

Archived