Europe or Transatlantic??

BusBoy

Opinion on take the Europe cruise or the Transatlantic  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion on take the Europe cruise or the Transatlantic

• Do the 12 day Europe Cruise!
    • Do the 16 day Transatlantic!

Hi Gang,

Doing a honeymoon cruise and was wondering what people would choose...

• The 16 day Transatlantic in Nov. on the Freedom with its Spain heavy stops (6 total if you count Rome) Rome, Italy ; Barcelona, Spain ; Palma de Mallorca, Spain ; Malaga, Spain ; Las Palmas,Canary Is ; St. Maarten, NA ; Ft Lauderdale, FL
  • The 12 day European cruise in Oct. on the Splendor with Italy Heavy stops. Rome, Italy ; Naples, Italy ; Marmaris, Turkey ; Izmir ; Istanbul ; Athens ; Katakolon ; Livorno, Italy ; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy ; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

Any opinions out there?? I was sorta sold on the transatlantic because of the decent price on tix... but the stops in Spain leave me wanting for more sightseeing.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts cruisers!

-Chris :D

Well, for me the key to your question is the word "honeymoon."

I think the string of days at sea could be put to very good use.

But hubby and I cruised on the Freedom last May with just about the same 12-day itinerary (Rhodes instead of Marmaris) and LOVED it. We had no idea what to expect in Turkey (had never dreamed we'd ever go there) and thought it was great.

I would not go on the transatlantic and my DH and I are not. This is our first trip to Europe and I want to see as much as we can. On a transatlantic a lot of time is at sea. Not that I do not enjoy those sea days, but I like them when they are broke up and you can get some rest from the intense tours that Europe has. Also when on a transatlantic you loose some of those ports.

Thanks for the responses guys! anyone else??:confused:

Chris/Christine...you know my vote :)

We like the sea days also but I wonder what the Atlantic is like in November?

The "southern transit" [the one to Florida] usually relatively calm. The transit to NYC/Boston can be rough

DH and I did our first transatlantic cruise in December. What a great time! The ship was beautiful, the ports wonderful, the seas calm (3 - 6 ft. for the entire crossing) and the price tag was incredible... 15 nights in a balcony cabin for $1100 per person! I can't wait to book another one.

Taters

Archived