Connections Party - what are the odds?

erhoffer

As a newbie, I'm excited about the prospect of meeting people from this community at a Connections Party. But our June 27th Alaska roll call only has 18 people so far. It seems like some of the later ships are already CHOCK full of people. Will we make it?

- What are the chances of having a party - for your frequent cruise-goers...?

- And what was your favorite experience at a party (just wanted to see what it was like in case we don't have one ... :( )?

thanks... I have to live vicariously until Jun 27th...

- Erin

Meeting people from the Roll Call IS fun, but you can have a party whether or not Celebrity gets involved. We have arranged our own get-togethers on several cruises. Just pick a place and time, let everyone know and have fun!

To be honest, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean are only slightly involved in many of the parties. They set up the room, with beverages (non-alcoholic) and sometimes pastries. On occasion the CD will show, but most of the time we have been on our own. One of our Mix and Mingles on the Legend of the Seas was totally borked. Half the people didn't get invites and the other half got the wrong time (invite said 11 PM instead of AM). Also, I have been to parties that had 40+ people signed up and only 4-6 showed up. It happens. I can think of two really great parties, one we planned ourselves on a Princess cruise, and the other was on a Royal Caribbean cruise.

As a newbie, I'm excited about the prospect of meeting people from this community at a Connections Party. But our June 27th Alaska roll call only has 18 people so far. It seems like some of the later ships are already CHOCK full of people. Will we make it?

- What are the chances of having a party - for your frequent cruise-goers...?

- And what was your favorite experience at a party (just wanted to see what it was like in case we don't have one ... :( )?

thanks... I have to live vicariously until Jun 27th...

- Erin

Hi Erin,:) every sailing is different~every roll call is different.

Even if you don't reach 25 you could try and set up a meeting

for those of you who are chatting now.:) After muster is sometimes

nice..for sailaway.

We had 49 sign up for the 3/7 Galaxy cruise....17 people

showed up. I went to say hello. It lasted about 1/2 hour.

CD was there and answered a few questions..they had coffee, tea

and danish, most of which went untouched.

I ended up having a most fabulous cruise:D small CC gathering

or not.

I wish smooth sailing for you...that and a great martini can

make things really fun;)

On our last cruise we had a large gathering, someone took a picture of the whole group and submitted it to cruise critic and it made it in the email. Other than that, we had made plans for sailaway, meeting right after the muster drill. Then we would meet at different places through out the cruise. Don't worry too much if you don't get enough, you can make your own gatherings!:D

Hi Erin,

I pretty much agree with all that has been said. If you have a couple on the thread that are really involved, then the thread just seems to grow and before you know it, it's cruise time. Our last cruise on Millie had us meeting all sorts of people at the party as they had it during an at sea day. Being in port on the day of the party kind of puts a damper on things. You'll meet some of those you talk with on these threads. Have a great cruise!!!!

Barry

Erhoffer,there is still plenty of time for more people to sign up. Is your cruise on Mercury? We have sailed on Mercury two years on a row. Last year in Jan. to the Mex. Riv. we had over 60 people signed up and the notification about the party came via phone to cabins less than an hour before the party. Consequently, over half didn't make it because they didn't get the message. How many pax are in their rooms at 9 AM??? :eek: We didn't even get a message on our machine!

We just lucked out and happened to see people we knew on their way, walking through the lounge where we had just finished a trivia game and had time to tag along. We all complained to the staff and they said they might have another party to make up for the lack of notice, but nothing ever came of it.

This year on our Jan. 20 Sydney to Aukland cruise the notice was delivered to our room the day we boarded and the party was well attended. We also had a pre-cruise party on our own in a Sydney hotel the night before boarding and a post-boarding get-together.

Anyway, be sure to get the info ASAP if your invitation is not in your roome when you board or at least after dinner the first night. The party is usually the morning of the first sea day.

Erhoffer,there is still plenty of time for more people to sign up. Is your cruise on Mercury? We have sailed on Mercury two years in a row. Last year in Jan. to the Mex. Riv. we had over 60 people signed up and the notification about the party came via phone to cabins less than an hour before the party. Consequently, over half didn't make it because they didn't get the message. How many pax are in their rooms at 9 AM??? :eek: We didn't even get a message on our machine!

We just lucked out and happened to see people we knew on their way, walking through the lounge where we had just finished a trivia game and had time to tag along. We all complained to the staff and they said they might have another party to make up for the lack of notice, but nothing ever came of it.

This year on our Jan. 20 Sydney to Aukland cruise the notice was delivered to our room the day we boarded and the party was well attended. We also had a pre-cruise party on our own in a Sydney hotel the night before boarding and a post-boarding get-together.

Anyway, be sure to get the info ASAP if your invitation is not in your room when you board or at least after dinner the first night. The party is usually the morning of the first sea day.

Sorry about the double post. I tried to edit for spelling, but had left the computer for more than 20 mins and it wouldn't let me, so I went back to the original post and did it from there. I'm a spelling freak, lol--it's a sickness I inherited from my mother. :D

Thanks for all the good ideas. I will keep tabs on this to make sure we get the info IF we make it to 25 people. If not, then we do have that option to arrange a get-together anyway. The food there is free, anyway, so we just need a meeting place and away we go - I should have thought of THAT!

We are on Millenium on Jul 27, northbound Alaska. Come join us! And tell your friends!

- Erin

On our wine cruise on the Mercury Nov/07, we attended the party. One of the ladies had bookmarks made up for us. It was great meeting everyone. We all had to stand up and say who we were (screen name) and then we would all go, Oh that's who you are. My mother had to cancel at the last minute, so my niece was quickly substituted. At the party, when I said my name, they all asked how my mother was. Now that was touching. So many people remember things. They even sent us proper paper invitations for this party to our cabins.

Archived