Spring Break - When is it really over?

Suncat

We are sailing in a week on the CB. Am I hoping for too much to think that there will not be 800-1000 kids? Isn't Spring Break typically the week before Easter and the week (this week) after Easter?

Just want opinions....

Spring breaks vary and I know people who's kids will be on break the first and second week of April. I have been on a cruise the first week of April with lots of kids on Spring Break. I know the university that my dad is a professor at does not base it's break on Easter it is the same week every year... they are on break now and will return to class on Monday. It's always the last full week in March.

Spring breaks varied greatly this year. Our is 4/19-4/25. Many were in March, some are just coming up.

There is a post about spring breaks on the family cruising board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=742000

I find the ship to be so big (I undertstand CB is very similar to KP), that I hardly noticed the kids last year - and that was when spring break was not so scattered.

They also have a good 'kid patrol' and I have not seen any trouble or mayhem as a result of having extra kids on board. Also, I know KP has pretty port intensive itinerary..

I wouldn't worry about - enjoy!

Spring break varys so much anymore, depending on the schools and section of the U.S. Anytime during March and April you will find spring breakers onboard. The main reason we stopped cruising during these two months. We normally would cruise for DH's birthday each year (which is April 2) and we found so many kids during that time, we finally gave up. We both love kids, between us we have many, who in turn had many ;). So cruising is more of a get-a-way to us.

Expect a lot of kids onboard. Sorry!

We did an April cruise 2 years ago, on the CB and there were a number of families from East Coast schools on break!:eek: LOTS of kids - but mainly noticed them around the main pools, we stayed at the aft Adult Pool and that was fine. The only problem we really had were groups of teens hanging around the stairs, sitting on them, just making it difficult to use them.

We try to cruise in Sept. & Oct. now, not so many kids on board.

Suncat,

Spring Break ain't over for quite a while yet. Mrs. Marlin and I were on the Grand once in March and there were kids running all over the place. However, it was late March so most of the college aged kids (w/o parents) were back in school and most of the kids were with their parents - at least they were someplace on the boat. As someone previously suggested, we also noticed a hightened awareness of "Youth Security" on the Grand - which was nice. The only frustrating thing were the younger kids that would push all the floors' buttons on the elevator and then get off right when you got on :(

We just hung by the Terrace Pool, art auctions and did things kids didn't enjoy and there was no problemo :)

Marlin

Ps: As you know I am getting away also to "get away", if you know what I mean! And I will even if I have to sit on my balcony, order room service for every meal and stay happy sipping Marlinritas all afternoon long!

We are sailing in a week on the CB. Am I hoping for too much to think that there will not be 800-1000 kids? Isn't Spring Break typically the week before Easter and the week (this week) after Easter?

Just want opinions....

Best time of the year to have a full suite (aft if you can:) ) and just stay out there on that balcony & have your food delivered. Early morning is the best time for the pool because the kids:rolleyes: are all still asleep.

Jan

Spring Break will be over just in time for college graduation season.

Just kidding.

I am a middle school teacher in NC. Our system is on break April 7 - 11. We usually are based on Easter week, but this year Easter fell a little early. My guess is that someone in our administration has a time share week scheduled since the first full week in April is the same week we had last year (when Easter was later) and the same we will have next year (when Easter moves again).

One can expect schools (k-12 and colleges) to have their breaks anytime from the last week in February through April. It varies both within the state and from state to state. I work at a college and our spring break was last week, the local school system is this week and a friend at a nearby college was a month ago. This is all within the state I live in.

While some schools have spring break near Easter, this is not the case for all schools. Our spring break is always in March, regardless when Easter is. I believe people in MA often have their spring break near the end of April.

So, the truth finally comes out...spring break is unending:eek:

Jan

Just think, at the end of April when spring break ends, there is always May when school gets out in certain areas of the country :)

Cruise in January--no problems then! And to think I once used to believe that having the opportunity to go on a spring break would be a good thing (which I never had a chance to do actually--how these kids afford it I will never know). We were all inspired by the Connie Frances movie Where the Boys Are, which was the closest we ever got to alot of things! How our perspectives do change as we age.

Cruise in January--no problems then! And to think I once used to believe that having the opportunity to go on a spring break would be a good thing (which I never had a chance to do actually--how these kids afford it I will never know). We were all inspired by the Connie Frances movie Where the Boys Are, which was the closest we ever got to alot of things! How our perspectives do change as we age.

I'm afraid it's Mom & Dad's $$ paying the way. My parents would have had a good old laugh at that one...not sure we (??) are doing the right thing here.

Jan

spring break-well in bostin you get two one in feb and one in april. FL is april. but my freind os off now in NC aND THE other lady said april.

i hid at the forward adult pool area.

good luck

Best time of the year to have a full suite (aft if you can:) ) and just stay out there on that balcony & have your food delivered. Early morning is the best time for the pool because the kids:rolleyes: are all still asleep.

Jan

As I said:

Ps: As you know I am getting away also to "get away", if you know what I mean! And I will even if I have to sit on my balcony, order room service for every meal and stay happy sipping Marlinritas all afternoon long!

Marlin

Hey Marlin:

I guess you know where Mr. Suncat and I will be.....On your "Suite" deck!

Can you order us all our meals out there? LOL!!!!

I don't dislike kids, it's the parents that do not take control of their kids. Glad to see the Kid police in full force on our last Crown Cruise:D!

Archived