Falmouth NOT Ready For Genesis!

whatever they're building at Falmouth will probably be just like Costa Maya. A fake port with cruiseline owned stores for you to stay safely in the 'compound' and spend more of your money with the cruiseline. So if you opt to stay on the ship, they got you...if you go ashore, they got you.

All the more reason to find a trustworthy guide in Mo'bay, and enjoy the day! From looking on a map, it looks like Falmouth sits right between Ocho Rios and Montego Bay. This will just give me more to explore while waiting for more Oasis reveals!:) Jax

I believe there is also a Falmouth in Virginia near Williamsburg, that could be what they are referring to?

Edited: Nope, I guess not. (Just read the above post from RCCL website.) I find it hard to believe it will be like Williamsburg, but I guess I'll probably find out at some point...

:D Falmouth, Virginia is just across the river from Fredericksburg... I don't think it even has its own post office, but rather goes by a Fredericksburg address. Quite a distance from Williamsburg, but it does have a lot of Colonial, Revolutionary and Civil War history.

BTW, for anyone interested in seeing a current view, take a look at my cruise map of Falmouth here.

Theron

No....I'm sure I googled Falmouth' date=' Jamaica. Here is one of the articles I found. Of course it is talking about Falmouth back in the 1700-1800's!! ;) [/size']

http://www.falmouthjamaica.org/content.asp?catID=8545

Hey...Discovery Bay looks nice. Tell us about that! Can you go there and not be bombarded with vendors?

Max'sMom,

I googled it, and found a little bit on it. The pictures I found on trip advisor from someone who had visited near there, at a beach called Puerto Seco Beach.And this is what I found on that:

Town Information: Puerto Seco Beach

Full Name:

Puerto Seco Beach,Jamaica

One of the most popular beaches in Jamaica, ideal for an afternoon's lazing on the shore, a picnic lunch in the shade of coconut trees

Like I said, this is half the fun of planning a trip, investigating areas to explore around the ports.

The beauty of Falmouth is that it is located right on the new highway that connects Mo'Bay and Ocho Rios, so tours to either one are relatively accessible on a nice highway. I have seen the conceptual plans, and it will be more similar to St Maarten than Costa Maya. Also, there is a big development planned in the area, which will be accessible to passengers. The only thin I remember about it is that it has a golf course.

I found these plans for the Falmouth pier. I am not sure what site, I found these plans. I'll try to post them on here, if I can figure out how to post the picture. I think it might be kinda blurry. Hopefully, it pops up when I hit the buttom. It shows 2 cruise ships at an extended pier.

20070717T220000-0500_125378_OBS_MEGALINER_CRUISE_TERMINAL_PLANNED_FOR_FALMOUTH__1.jpg.b57dbf6b1904dd08bec8777dbf35d2e3.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived