question about B2B cruises

newmarketcruiser

Question for the future: I'd heard that being forward on a small ship like this was a very rough ride, compared to mid-ship or aft, should the seas be rough. Did you experience any rough seas when in 8002?

We also have a "left handed room" ,assuming you mean port side, booked on both the Pacific and the Tahitian.

The waters around South Africa can be very rough.

Then I guess we need to stay away from the Atlantic? :D

Funny this all came up cause at dinner on Friday night a friend was saying how his earliest memory was at 6 years being on a boat going I think to seal Island off the Cape and the boat capsizing. I never asked many details but will when I see him next as I'm sure it was a small charter.

Funny this all came up cause at dinner on Friday night a friend was saying how his earliest memory was at 6 years being on a boat going I think to seal Island off the Cape and the boat capsizing. I never asked many details but will when I see him next as I'm sure it was a small charter.

Capsizing Julia, is synonymous with small boats and the Titanic. We try not to think about them while cruising. :D

Us too, I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip, what did you do in Cape Town last trip and what do you have planned for this trip??

Stayed 4 days; wandered around, took 2 private tours; one to Hermanus to see the whales. Took the on/off trolley and meandered. Went to the mall twice. That's me; malls. :D Found flea market; bought some stuff. Saw Holocaust museum. Can't recall the other day trip; DH has it all on video. Will wait until we're old and then watch the movies. He tapes everything anyway.

Haven't booked the Dover/Cape Town yet; still thinking.

Stayed 4 days; wandered around, took 2 private tours; one to Hermanus to see the whales. Took the on/off trolley and meandered. Went to the mall twice. That's me; malls. :D Found flea market; bought some stuff. Saw Holocaust museum. Can't recall the other day trip; DH has it all on video. Will wait until we're old and then watch the movies. He tapes everything anyway.

Haven't booked the Dover/Cape Town yet; still thinking.

Sounds wonderful,

I love the South African flea markets with all the art and stunning original clothes. Did you go to the waterfront to shop?

JMO - Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities with table mountain as the back drop but then I also fell in love with Sydney so I guess it is the water cities for me.

If you ever get the chance to go to Cape Point it is stunning but a full day trip, you can see the 2 oceans meet and the color difference and stunning scenery etc.

Boy I need to win the lottery so I can cruise more:D :D :D

Sounds wonderful,

I love the South African flea markets with all the art and stunning original clothes. Did you go to the waterfront to shop?

Yes we did. In fact, we walked all the way once; quite a hike from our hotel. Went back a second time but took the free shuttle bus. Had dinner there. Great atmosphere for people watching.

Pia

Question for both Pia1913 and itdjbw-

Are there any game reserves close enough to Cape Town to take an all day excursion or do they all require an over night stay? I've only started researching Cape Town and have only found 2 or 3 day trips.

Are there any game reserves close enough to Cape Town to take an all day excursion or do they all require an over night stay? I've only started researching Cape Town and have only found 2 or 3 day trips.

We weren't looking for anything from Cape Town, so can't answer. We did take 2 different day safaris from 2 different ports (Richards Bay and Port Elizabeth), which wouldn't apply to the '09 cruise since they go straight to Cape Town from Namibia. Sorry can't be of more assistance.

Pia

There are some private game parks close to CT, not sure if they have day trips but imagine they would or you could hire a car.

I will email my uncle who still lives there and see if he knows any that are close by.

I found this one and they offer day trips

http://www.noxrentals.co.za/content/capetownwildlife.asp

even one to Cape Point:D :D

Forgot to mention Cape of Good Hope. This is a MUST! We made a small snapshot (of ourselves) into an 8 x 10 which is framed and prominently displayed at home. We get more comments on this photo than anything else.

Pia

i have done this staying on the same ship.

As others have mentioned your new door card is delivered to your cabin the nite before debarkation.Then one just has to have ones picture taken again.

No one asked me to go ashore...I did because wonted to see the city.

I just used my new card to reboard again no problem.:) .

I have booked a back2back on the same ship later in the year.I could not book the 31days because the cabin I wonted was for the 19 and 12 day passengers.To get and keep my same cabin Princess has had to book me as b2b with two seperate booking numbers...I am hoping this counts as 2 cruises helps towards elite :)

I have booked a back2back on the same ship later in the year.I could not book the 31days because the cabin I wonted was for the 19 and 12 day passengers.To get and keep my same cabin Princess has had to book me as b2b with two seperate booking numbers...I am hoping this counts as 2 cruises helps towards elite :)

It will count as two for the count towards elite.

It also means that each one is subject to the up to $70/person/cruise fuel surcharge.

Archived