Impaled Whale

mysticalblues

I just read that and googled. The page I looked at said that adults weigh between 40-60 tons. Seems to me the would have noticed the "drag" on the ship?

liv, that was my first thought. How could the captain not know there was something different about the handling of the ship?

Hmmmm...well it was RCCL so.....they may have been busy trying to break up a fight between two geriatrics waiting in line to see a show....or....maybe they were savoring the ranch steak? Your guess is as good as mine ;)

I can't imagine the horror of seeing the poor animal.

Oh come on.....:rolleyes: *shakes head*

Seven - No joke....that really was a thread on the "other" board!

It reminded me of the Austin Powers movie when the bad guy froze at seeing a steamroller coming at him at about 2 mph. As others have said, this must have been a sick whale not to get out of the way. (or was there a suicide note left behind?)

The weight of the whale would have been unnoticed because of the tonnage of the ships in comparison.

Let's assume it was already dead. That much dead weight suddenly added to the ship. Doubtfull that it could have been unnoticed.

and the Radiance class has a tonnage of over 90,000. Plus they tend to use autopilot until they get near pilot station (how the pilot boat missed it I don't know, unless it was dark, and with constantly changing ballasting conditions, maybe the weather had forced additional ballast water to be put in the bow...... that might have fooled them

Archived